Chapter 27 : The Vastness of The World

As Elara and her companions finally out from the Tomb of Rames to find The Portals of Shadows with they believe the portals will lead them to next destination. Leaving behind the ancient tomb, they ventured towards the outskirts of the vast desert.

Guided by ancient prophecies and the wisdom of the Book of Revelations, Elara opened its pages and watched as the words revealing a path to the coveted Portals of Shadows. With the book as their guide, they embarked upon a treacherous trek through the arid wilderness.

In their relentless pursuit, they discovered the oasis. As the group stood before continue their journey, Khai, voiced his concerns, urging his companions to prepare themselves "We must gather our wits and make thorough preparations before continue venturing ."

You speak true, Khai. We cannot underestimate the dangers that await us. Let us set a bonfire here, where we can gather our strength, replenish our supplies, and fortify our spirits." Said Samael.

Samael took charge, his hands expertly arranging the firewood and striking a spark to ignite the flames. The bonfire a warm glow that pushed back the encroaching darkness. The group formed a circle around the flickering embers, their weary bodies finding solace in the fleeting moments of respite.

Zarek voiced his intent to venture forth in search of sustenance. Concern etched across his features, Khai immediately interjected, recognizing the frailty in his companion's condition. "No, Zarek. You must conserve your strength," he insisted firmly. "Allow me to undertake the task of procuring food. Rest and tend to your body. Tomorrow, we will require your presence.

Zarek hesitated, his eyes reflecting a mixture of gratitude and frustration. He understood the weight of Khai's words. As time passed, Khai finally returned to them with his arm a lot of fruits and meat. Elara's voice broke the silence, tinged with gratitude and anticipation. "Khai, you have returned safely and thankyou but you look different Khai"

All eyes turned towards Khai, their gaze filled with intrigue and wonder, as they tried to discern the change that had taken place during his absence. His friends leaned closer, observing his features, searching for the source of the intriguing alteration.

Samael's eyes widened as he stared at Khai in disbelief. "Ah, that's right! Your beard... it's gone! You finally decided to part ways with your fuzzy companion!"

Khai chuckled, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Indeed, my friend. The time had come for a change, and I bid farewell to my magnificent beard. It was getting a bit too wild for my liking, always getting caught in tree branches and attracting curious woodland creatures."

Elara and Zarek exchanged amused smiles, while Khai stroked his smooth chin with a sense of satisfaction. Samael couldn't help but join in the laughter that rippled through the camp, his voice filled with mock seriousness. "Well, Khai, I must admit, I will miss your beard's legendary ability to collect crumbs and hide small treasures."

Khai feigned a pained expression, placing a hand dramatically over his heart. "Ah, the sacrifices we make for the sake of adventure and hygiene! Fear not, my dear friends, for my beard may be gone, but the spirit of its wildness still resides within me."

The group erupted into laughter once more, their bonds strengthened by the shared lightheartedness amidst their perilous journey. In this moment of jest, they found solace and camaraderie.

Elara took the succulent cuts of meat from Khai, First, she seasoned the steaks generously with a blend of aromatic spices. The fragrance of crushed black peppercorns, garlic, and a hint of smoked paprika wafted through the camp, arousing the senses of her companions. Each steak was treated with care, as if it were a prized treasure to be savored.