Chapter 48 : Abandoned Well

The next day in Elfhelm as everyone are gathered in Elven Queen chamber. The Elven Queen began "Ashes Whisper." Her gaze settled upon Elara, "We have not been able to locate and retrieve the stolen key, but fear not. I entrust you with a journey to the Avalon Kingdom."

Khai, his brows furrowed with curiosity, interrupted, "The Avalon Kingdom?"

Elara continued, "Is there a way to reach the Avalon Kingdom?"

The Elven Queen nodded solemnly. "Indeed, there is a way."

Zarek leaned forward, eager for answers. "But how do we reach it?"

The Elven Queen's words held a glimmer of hope for their mission. She addressed them with a reassuring tone, "The good thing is, you already possess The Ring, The Eye of Zersulair. Now, what you require are a scroll and the key, both of which you can find within the dungeon."

Mikaela, always eager to gather information, posed a question to the Queen, "And where can we find this dungeon, Your Majesty?"

With a gracious nod, the Elven Queen continued to provide guidance. "The dungeon is not far from here. You'll come across an abandoned well. Beneath it lies the entrance to the dungeon, deep underground."

As the Elven Queen continued her instructions, her attention turned to Rina. "Rina," she said, "I want you to accompany them on their journey. Your skills and presence might prove to be invaluable in their journey."

Rina, with a respectful bow, responded, "Yes, my Queen." Her acceptance of the task signified a new member joining their group, adding both strength and expertise to their upcoming adventure.

With their questions answered and the plan set, the Elven Queen concluded, "Ours, discussion ends here. When you are ready to depart, let me know. I will allow you some time for preparation."

As everyone are prepared, Samael sitting alone at the outside, thinking about his existence in this world, The Elven Queen word about the truth of his family still hanging on his heads. The small group of elves approached Samael, their young faces filled with a mixture of curiosity and hope. One of them, a brave young elf, spoke up, "Sir, could you please help us?"

Samael turned his attention to the eager elf, a faint smile crossing his lips as he replied, "Of course, I'll do my best to help. What can I assist you with?"

The elves led Samael to the outskirts of Elfhelm, where a wounded creature lay in distress. Samael's eyes widened with curiosity and concern as he beheld the injured animal. "What is this?" he inquired, not recognizing the creature before him.

The young elf who had spoken earlier stepped forward and explained, "This is an owlbear, sir. We found it injured, but we were too frightened to tend to its wounds. We thought you might be able to help."

Samael nodded, understanding the situation. He took a moment to assess the owlbear's condition. The creature was clearly in pain and distress, and Samael couldn't help but empathize. "I'll do my best to help," he assured the young elves.

Approaching the owlbear cautiously, Samael realized that his presence might be causing the creature further distress. With a thoughtful expression, he spoke aloud, "Perhaps I should put away my sword. I don't want to appear threatening."

Gently and slowly, Samael took deliberate, slow steps toward the injured owlbear. His movements were careful and deliberate, meant to convey reassurance rather than threat. As he approached, the creature's wide eyes followed his every move, a mixture of fear and curiosity in its gaze.

As he began treating the wound, cleaning it with care and applying a soothing salve, the owlbear's initial tension gradually ebbed away. It seemed to sense that Samael meant it no harm, and trust began to form between the two beings.

The young elves watched in awe as Samael worked diligently, their initial fear giving way to gratitude. They saw a different side of this man, a compassionate and kind-hearted. As the treatment continued, Samael's heart warmed with a sense of fulfillment. The owlbear, once fearful and wounded, now seemed to understand that it was in good hands.

As Samael manage to treatment the wound on Owlbear, the Owlbear finally run away and back to the forest. "In my place i never seen that kind of creature before, perhaps it exist in your realm"

The young elves, their eyes wide with fascination, approached Samael after the owlbear had scampered away into the forest. One of them, a curious girl with golden hair, began to explain.

"Sir, that was an Owlbear," she said, her voice filled with a child's wonder. "They are very rare creatures, even in our realm. Part owl, part bear, hence the name. They usually dwell deep in the forest and are known to be elusive. We were surprised to find one injured so close to our village."

Her friend, a boy with tousled brown hair, chimed in, "Owlbears are magical beings, you know. Some say they have a connection to the spirit of the forest. They're gentle creatures, but if they feel threatened, they can be fierce protectors of their territory."

Samael listened intently, fascinated by the lore surrounding these unique creatures. "Thank you for telling me," he replied with a smile. "I'm glad I could help it. Nature is truly wondrous, and it's a privilege to witness it."

As the young elves expressed their gratitude for his help, Samael felt warm in his heart. Their appreciation served as a reminder that even in a world filled with brutal, complexities and uncertainties, simple acts of kindness could bridge gaps between different beings. He looked at the earnest faces of the elf children and realized that there was a profound humanity within him, despite the shadow of his lineage.

With a newfound sense of purpose and a renewed connection to his own humanity, Samael felt the weight of his choices and the path he had chosen to walk. The words of the Elven Queen about his father's true nature still lingered in his mind, but he understood that it was his own actions that defined him. In this moment, surrounded by the beauty of the elven forest and the innocence of the children, he vowed to do whatever it took to protect the world and the people he cared about.

He smiled at the elf children. "Thank you, young friends. Your gratitude means a lot to me".

As Samael return to Elfhelm, Samael rejoined his friends. Elara's warm greeting served as a reassuring welcome, a reminder that he was not alone in this journey. As they stood together, Khai's words hung in the air like a shared purpose. "Let's go," he said, his voice resolute.

Samael nodded in agreement. "Yes, let's go."

With unwavering determination they, venturing towards the mysterious dungeon hidden beneath the abandoned well.