Chapter 75 : The First and The Last Lesson

Moment of the past

In the nostalgic moment of the past, Addin's mother labored to bring Khai into the world, with Khai aiding by the Nun in the process. With a call for her husband, Khai's father, the scene unfolded."It's a boy," exclaimed the father as he rushed to his wife's side. "I'm so glad..."

With a smile, the mother responded, "What's the matter, honey? This isn't my first time giving birth." Concern still etched on his face, the father asked, "Of course, but I still worry about you. Anyway, have you decided on a name for him?"

"I do have a name in mind, but..." the mother began.

"But?" inquired the father, curious.

"Since Addin is here, I want him to decide on the name," she explained.

Addin, surprised, chimed in, "Me? Hmm... I like the name Khai."

With a smile, the father responded, "Khai? I see... That's a good name. From today on, Addin, Khai will be your younger brother."

Addin nodded, a smile spreading across his face. His father turned to him, asking, "Are you happy, Addin?"

With genuine joy in his voice, Addin replied, "Yes, father. I'm thrilled to have a little brother. I can't wait to spend time with Khai."His father smiled warmly, reaching out to pat Addin's head affectionately.

10 years later, as they grew together, Addin was now 13 years old, while Khai was 10. Both of them played together outside the house until they grew tired and decided to lay on the grass.

As they caught their breath, Khai spoke up, his voice slightly strained from their play. "Brother"

Addin turned his head to look at Khai. "What is it, Khai?"

Khai hesitated before continuing, "Tonight... we have to learn and practice Alchemy with father, right?"

Addin nodded, understanding Khai's reluctance. "Yeah, that's the plan. But why do you ask?"

Khai sighed, his expression conflicted. "It's just... I don't feel any interest in learning Alchemy at all."

Addin reached out to pat Khai's shoulder reassuringly. "Hey, don't say that. Alchemy is our family tradition. We have to learn it, whether we like it or not."

Khai asked Addin, "Said that Brother if we finish our study about Alchemy... what you gonna do?"

Addin thought for a moment before replying, "Well, I wanted to be an Explorer."

Khai looked curious, "Why? Why not become an Alchemist instead?"

Addin's gaze toward the sky as he explained, "By being an Explorer, I can learn more about Alchemy from different parts of the world, Khai. Our grandfather's book spoke of our ancestors' journey to gather knowledge, aiming to build a library in Avalon Kingdom. Even though their dream wasn't realized, I want to carry on their legacy and perhaps one day fulfill their dream."

Khai added enthusiastically, "Then Brother! I want to be an Explorer too, to help you. I hope both of us can find the Avalon Kingdom one day."

Addin smiled warmly and chuckled, "I see, if that's what you want, thank you, Khai."

Later that night, as they learned and practiced their Alchemy, their father approached them. "Both of you are doing so well with your studies. Today, I want both of you to create the Amber Stone."

Confused, they asked in unison, "Amber Stone?"

Their father revealed the Amber Stone, then sliced his own palm with a knife. The siblings were shocked by the sudden action. Using the Amber Stone, their father healed his wound with its glowing light. Excited, the siblings listened as their father continued, "This is the power of the Amber Stone, its light magic healing ability is beyond our knowledge. Now, I've prepared the ingredients, and I want both of you to create it."