Chapter 19 : Doomnettle the Queen of Mist Valley

After a long and arduous journey, the Lady Grace and her crew finally arrived at the Swamp of Mist Valley. Samael gathered the crew together, his piercing gaze observing their faces with intensity. "We have arrived at the Swamp of Mist Valley, to go to Mount Ilios we have to walkthrough Swamp of Mist Valley first." said Samael.

"Be careful," he warned them, his voice low and serious. "This place is full of danger, and the swamp ahead is filled with poisonous creatures. Keep your wits about you, and stay close to your comrades."

One by one, they navigated their way through the treacherous terrain, leaping over murky pools of water and dodging deadly vines that seemed to reach out for them like eager predators. Samael led the way, his keen senses and sharp reflexes allowing him to anticipate danger before it struck.

Despite their caution, however, they soon found themselves beset by a swarm of vicious insects, their sharp stingers dripping with deadly venom. Khai sprang into action, conjuring up a gust of wind that sent the creatures scattering in all directions.

As they journeyed further into the swamp, the air grew thick and heavy with the acrid scent of poison. Elara couldn't help but wonder what had caused this once-beautiful land to become so dangerous.

The ground beneath their feet was treacherous, with patches of quicksand lurking beneath the murky water. Zarek led the way, his sharp eyes scanning the surrounding area for any signs of danger. Khai followed close behind, her senses attuned to the subtle shifts in the swamp's energy. Samael brought up the rear, his bow at the ready in case of an ambush.

Every step they took was fraught with peril. Vicious creatures lurked in the shadows, their glowing eyes watching their every move. Huge deadly plant reached out with tendrils and thorns, eager to ensnare their unwitting prey.

The group froze, their hearts racing as the plant loomed over them. Then, a strange voice filled the air, seeming to come from deep within the twisted mass of vegetation.

"O Ashes Whisper," the voice boomed. "What brings you here?"

Elara's heart raced as she realized that the massive plant was addressing them directly. She took a deep breath before stepping forward to address the creature.

"We mean no harm," she said, her voice trembling slightly. "We come here to pass through to Mount Ilios."

The massive plant loomed over the group, its tendrils and thorns twitching with hunger as it addressed them.

"Perhaps," it said, its voice low and menacing. "I Doomnettle can't let you pass here. It was Lord Thrush's order - no one with the curse of Ashes Whispers may pass through these lands.", "If you want to proceed, then you must kill me."

Elara felt a chill run down her spine. This creature was unlike any they had ever encountered before, and she knew that it would be a formidable opponent. But she also knew that they had come too far to turn back now.

Zarek stepped forward, his eyes locked onto Doomnettle's. "We don't want to cause any trouble," he said calmly. "But we have a mission to complete, and we can't let anything stand in our way. We won't harm you if we don't have to, but we will defend ourselves if necessary."

Doomnettle's eyes narrowed. "You speak bravely, mortal," it hissed. "But words mean nothing to me. Let us see if you can back them up with action."

Doomnettle plucked a flower from its vine and carefully cradled it in its gnarled hands. Slowly, the petals began to unfurl, revealing a small, delicate insect that was barely the size of a newborn baby. But as they looked closer, they saw that this insect, Its wings were razor-sharp and its eyes glinted.