Chapter 53 : Journey to Avalon

The morning arrived, and the ship halted at a small, secluded island. A mysterious figure approached, and as Samael recognized him, he uttered, "Ortwin..."

"It's been a long time, Samael," Ortwin replied.

Trisha, curious, asked Samael, "Do you know him?"

Samael explained, "Yes, we met him at the summit of Mount Ilios. He's Ortwin, The Envoy of the One God."

Samael inquired, "What brings you here, Ortwin?"

Ortwin responded, "It seems Elara's journey has led her to Avalon. Nevertheless, I have a task for you, Samael."

Samael, intrigued, questioned, "What is it?"

Ortwin's voice echoed with urgency. "Please, return to the Land of Eldar."

Samael questioned, "But why? What's happening there?"

"The land is being consumed by darkness," Ortwin continued. "A malevolent force is growing stronger, claiming innocent lives. You must intervene, Samael. You hold the power to make a difference."

Samael hesitated, his doubts surfacing. "I don't have the strength. I'm not entirely human, and I fear I might not be able to save them."

Ortwin's gaze held a knowing light. "I've known from the start, Samael. When we met at the summit of Mount Ilios, I sensed it."

"So, you're aware of who I am, but why ask this of me?" Samael inquired, seeking clarity.

Trisha intervened, advising Samael to listen to Ortwin's words.

Ortwin's response resonated with weight. "Because it's fate."

"Fate?" Samael echoed, his thoughts spinning with the weight of the word.

Ortwin's words carried a profound weight. "It's your duty, Samael. You're destined to be a ruler, to reunite and lead your people. Many have lost their way, fleeing from the Arvandor Kingdom. They're in need of guidance, and that's where you come in. Do you not recall how much your people revered you?"

He continued, emphasizing the urgency. "Elara needs yours in her quest to break the Ashes Whispers curse. She's facing Lord Thrush, and she can't do it alone."

Samael's determination surged as he acknowledged his responsibility. "You're right. I promised Riven to watch over Elara... and my people need me."

Ortwin nodded, solemn and purposeful. "Good. Here are the Tears of Hohes," he said, presenting a glass bottle to Samael.

Samael's curiosity piqued at the mention of Tears of Hohes. "Tears of Hohes?"

Ortwin nodded solemnly. "These are tears from the Hohes, the Goddess of Life. When you gather your people, find the place you desire. Droplet of tears onto the ground and witness as it creates a barrier, breathing life into the land. Make it your own, a place for you and your people."

Ortwin gestured to leave. "Looks like I have to go."

Samael hurriedly asked, "Wait! What happened to Elara and the others?"

"When the time comes, you'll meet them again," Ortwin replied cryptically. In an instant, with a snap of his fingers, he vanished into thin air.

Trisha beamed at Samael. "What's our next move, my prince?"

Samael answered with determination, "First, gather resources on this island. Then, our next destination is the Land of Eldar. We have to save them."

The crew aboard the ship bowed respectfully to Samael. "Yes, my prince."