Chapter 47 : The Stolen Key

Before The Seal Undone

Somewhere in Arvandor Kingdom, Hassan, leader of the Assassin Black Order, his footsteps echoed through dimly lit corridors as he entered the chamber. In his possession was the lifeless body of a soldier, a man named Riven.

As Lord Thrush laid eyes upon Riven's corpse, a sinister smile tugged at the corners of his lips. This was precisely what he had been waiting for, and Hassan's timely arrival only confirmed his plans.

Curiosity gnawing at him, Hassan he began "My lord, what are you going to do with him?"

Lord Thrush, simply replied "Just wait and see."

Lord Thrush extended his hand toward Riven's lifeless body, channeling Azathoth essence. In an instant, the soldier's body underwent a grotesque transformation. It twitched, convulsed, and then, against all reason, came back to life.

Hassan's eyes widened in astonishment, hardly believing what he was witnessing. "He came alive?" he uttered in disbelief.

Lord Thrush, his voice confirmed the unthinkable, "Yes."

With Riven now miraculously resurrected, Lord Thrush orders for his guard to transfer the reanimated soldier to a nearby rest chamber. as Lord Thrush's malevolent plan began to unfold. He turned to Hassan "Hassan, our time has come. We must break the seal of The World Tree."

Hassan recoiled, his disbelief palpable. "The World Tree?" he repeated, struggling to comprehend the enormity of the task.

Lord Thrush made his move. His hand shot forth, and with a touch as cold as death, he pressed his fingers against Hassan's forehead. Agony surged through Hassan's body, and he let out an anguished scream as he felt something unusual happening.

As the searing pain subsided, Hassan's vision cleared, and his eyes widened with shock. A third eye had manifested on his forehead, its presence undeniable.

Lord Thrush, revealed the purpose of this dreadful transformation, "I have granted you the Third Eye. With it, you can see The World Tree." The implications of this newfound ability made Hassan laugh maniacally

Imzyh, the leader of the Dark Elves, was summoned to his side. "Imzyh," Lord Thrush he began, "bring forth the stolen key, the one you snatched from Elfhelm." Imzyh, his demeanor subservient yet tainted with an air of treachery, stepped forward. In his hands, he held the coveted key—a relic that could unlock the seal binding The World Tree.

As Lord Thrush took hold of the key, his wicked smile deepened. He turned to Hassan, whose laughter still echoed with manic fervor. "Hassan," he declared, "and Imzyh, you shall reach to the top of The World Tree. There, you will use this key to unseal it and release the Eldritch."

As Hassan and Imzyh to The World Tree

The following day, in the dimly lit chamber, Riven awoke from what he believed to be, Confusion and disbelief clouded his eyes as he mumbled to himself, "I'm still alive? How can it be?" His gaze then settled upon Lord Thrush, who stood before him.

With a deep sense of gratitude and respect, Riven bowed before his savior. "My Lord, thank you for saving my life," he uttered humbly.

Concern etched on his face, Riven's next question betrayed his worry. "My Lord, where is Prince Samael?"

Lord Thrush trying manipulate Riven by saying The truth is, Samael has betrayed us by following Ashes Whisper," he continue "Ashes Whisper poses a grave threat to Arvandor Kingdom, and I have ordered you to eliminate them."

The weight of Lord Thrush's words bore down upon Riven, and he staggered, disoriented and shocked. "To... to kill them?" he stammered, his voice laced with disbelief.