Chapter 57 : The Fall of Avalon Kingdom II

In the present time, Zarek desperately called out to Elara, repeating her name with increasing concern, but she remained unresponsive.

Imzyh, with a knowing tone, remarked, "Looks like she's in astral projection." Mikaela, shocked and confused, asked, "What do you mean?" The words triggered memories for Zarek and Khai, recalling a similar event during their journey in Ylanh, the Land of Wisdom, when they were searching for the tomb of Emperor Rames.

Zarek affirmed, "Yes, you're right, Imzyh. Elara is in astral projection." Khai added, "But this time, she's alone, and we don't know where she is."

Mikaela nodded in understanding. Suddenly, Rina's urgency interrupted their discussion. "Everyone, there is danger approaching!"

Imzyh exclaimed, "What?!"

Zarek grumbled, "Tsk! At a time like this?"

A colossal shadow emerged in the upper tower of the library, revealing a mysterious and monstrous amalgamation. Unlike the ones they had encountered before, this creature had eight legs and was a horrifying combination of various grafts. Khai, in shock, exclaimed, "What is that?!"

Imzyh urgently shouted, "Everyone, run!" The group made a swift decision to escape, but as Zarek attempted to grab Elara's unconscious body, the monstrous amalgamation moved with astonishing speed. In the blink of an eye, it struck one of Zarek's eyes, leaving him behind, screaming in pain, "Uaghhhhh!"

"Zarek!" Khai rushed to his side, choosing to grab Elara as everyone continued running down the library stairs.

Mikaela noted, "It feels like the stairs are taking us forever."

Rina agreed, "Yes, you're right."

Imzyh added, "It seems like this place is cursed; perhaps the magic from that creature created these infinitely stretching stairs."

Khai continued, "Looks like we have no choice but to kill this creature." He then asked Zarek, "Zarek?"

Zarek, still in pain, replied, "L..looks l..like my left eye is gone."

Khai added, "Then grab Elara and run as fast as you can. We will cover you." Zarek decided to grab Elara, while Khai unsheathed his sword and imbued it with salamander blood. The sword transformed into a crimson, fiery glow. "I know my magic might be the weakest, but I will try my best."

Imzyh replied, "We have no other option. Follow my plan. Gather any magical items you have. I will use my magic affinity to enchant them."

Rina drew her bow, and Mikaela unsheathed her knife. Mikaela remarked, "Good timing to test my new arm." The group prepared for the impending battle with the monstrous creature.

Meanwhile in the past

Meanwhile, as Elara remained in the past, a momentary blink transported her once again through time. The surroundings shifted, showcasing skies changing from day to night, with both the sun and moon taking their turns. In this new timeline, Elara found herself witnessing Lord Goffridus's wedding day. The people of Avalon were in jubilation, celebrating the union of their ruler.

As Elara observed the ceremony, her eyes fell upon Lord Goffridus's bride. To her surprise, it was Qrerza—the demonic spider she had encountered during her journey with Zarek and Khai while searching for Yrolk, the Lost City. Qrerza, once a formidable arachnid, now appeared in a human form.

This revelation triggered memories for Elara, linking the events of her past adventures to the scenes unfolding before her.

The festivities extended well into the night, and in Lord Goffridus's chambers, Qrerza lay peacefully asleep. Unable to find rest himself, Goffridus opted to step outside for a breath of fresh air. As he gazed into the night, he remarked, "Ahh, Ashes Whisper... it has been a considerable span."