Chapter 24- perfect dad

I woke up to an empty bed and the smell of bacon. I walked out of the bedroom and into the kitchen to see Chris cooking breakfast.

I walk up behind him and wrapped my arms around his torso, standing on my tip toes to kiss his cheek.

"Morning" he smiles.

"-morning babe" I say sitting at the table as Chris serves both of us breakfast.

"So, what are we doing first today?" Chris beams. I couldn't help but feel guilty, I had to tell Chris. I had to tell him soon. Maybe not tonight, maybe not tomorrow, but I had to tell him.

"Is everything ok babe?" Chris asks concerned, noticing my nervousness.

I assure him I'm fine and we finish breakfast.

We decide to start at the Museum, then do some shopping. A little boy in a captain America shirt comes up to Chris and pulls on his pant leg.

"Excuse me" he says. We both turn around and see the little boy holding up a pen and a note book to Chris. I smile at Chris as he picks the boy up hoisting him on his hip holding the notepad in his other hand.

"And who should I make this out to?" Chris asks tickling the boys belly.

"Jack" the boy giggles. Chris signs the notebook then puts the boy down and hands him the book. The boys thanks him then runs off to his mom.

Seeing how great Chris was with the boy, made me think of how great Chris would be with our baby. I decide then that I'm going to tell Chris, and I'm going to tell him tonight.