Epilogue

5 years later

"Mommy mommy!" I hear, as I feel myself being gently shaken awake.

I open my eyes and see my 5 year old daughter Ella, rubbing her eyes while clutching her teddy bear tightly to her chest.

She looks exactly like Chris. She has his light blue eyes and dark brown hair. She's beautiful.

"What's wrong, baby?" I ask.

"I miss daddy." She pouts, while crawling into my bed and sliding under the covers.

Chris left two months ago to film his first movie since Ella was born. He was always too paranoid to leave me alone with the kids, but I know how much he loves acting so I insisted and eventually he gave in. I just never anticipated I'd get this lonely. Although, he phones and video calls every night.

"I know you do, but daddy's coming home tomorrow honey. Let's try and get some sleep now, okay?"

She nods and quickly drifts off to sleep. I kiss her forehead and soon find myself drifting off as well.

***

I wake up the next morning and glance at the clock. Realizing Chris will be home in less than an hour, I slip out of bed quietly being careful not to wake Ella; since she could probably use a little extra sleep, and make my way to our son Mason's room.

Mason is three years old and resembles me more than Chris. He has my chocolate brown eyes, and light brown hair. But he definitely has Chris' outgoing personality.

I found out a few days ago that I was pregnant after missed periods and morning sickness.

Though, I couldn't be happier. Ella and Mason are the best things that have every happened to me-besides Chris- and I can't wait to tell Chris were expecting our third child.

After getting Mason and Ella up and ready, I wait anxiously for Chris to arrive.

I heard about a hundred "when's daddy going to be here?" and "is he here yet?"

Until finally I heard the fumbling of keys, followed by the front door being pushed opened and my handsome husband emerging into our house.

Ella and Mason both jumped up and ran over to their dad. He picked them both up and kissed them, telling them how much he missed them while he was away.

"I missed my beautiful wife too," Chris whispers into my ear, as he engulfs me in a tight hug.

I respond by attaching my lips to his, missing his soft kisses.

"Eww" we hear Ella and Mason moan from behind us. Causing us to laugh and pull apart.

The rest of the day was filled with Chris telling the kids lots of stories about filming Hollywood movies, which fascinated them. Until finally it was time for bed.

Once Chris and I had tucked them in and said goodnight, it was time to tell Chris my big news.

"I missed you so much babe" Chris said, while nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck, and peppering it with light kisses.

"I missed you too, Chris." I say, while turning around to face him.

"I have to show you something" I say excitedly, while getting out of bed, leaving behind a rather confused looking Chris.

I walk back into the bedroom moments later with a slim rectangular shaped box in my hand and slowly hand it to him.

"What's this?" Chris asks sceptically.

"Just open it!" I giggle, to which he obeys and begins to carefully open the box.

His eyebrows come together in confusion, followed by his face lighting up, as he gently picks up the positive pregnancy test.

"You're-you're-were going to have a-"

"-a baby, yes I'm pregnant!"

I say excitedly cutting off his anxious rambling.

He engulfs me in a tight hug, before remembering my previous news and muttering an 'I'm sorry'

I giggle, as he places his large hand over my flat-for now-belly.

"Molly this is amazing! I love Ella and Mase so much, I can't wait to have another mini version of us walking around!" He beams.

He kisses me passionately and I wish I could capture this moment forever.

"I love you" he whispers, while tucking a stray strand of hair behind my ear.

"I love you too," I reply earnestly.

And I do.

I love Chris so much and our perfect, happy family.

THE END

A/N: so that's it! I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has read, commented and voted for this story. I still can't believe the amount of reads it has accumulated 😱 & it means a lot! I started this story in 2015 (currently 2018 & yes I know, it shouldn't have taken me that long, but life happens 🤷🏻‍♀️), so it's been quite a work in progress. I really hope you guys have enjoyed reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it. I'd love for you to tell me what you thought of the ending! Comments on the story in general would be amazing! A sequel may be in the works 🤗 thank you again :)

-Katie 💓💓