Ch.4 Missing

A familiar victim                        
!Link                               Akkala Tech Lab

Foolish, foolish me.

What was I thinking when I said such a thing to Y/N? You would have thought she was the one wearing a suit of armor. Her demeanor was so guarded, she couldn't even bring herself to say my name.

My blunder made me hope that I could evade her for a few days.

I embarked towards Akkala's lab, only to be intercepted by an unsightly vision. A body face- down in the mud. Their clothing was saturated with soil and rainwater. I pulled Epona to the side, dismounting her, to see if I could save the civilian.

Only it wasn't just any civilian; it was Y/N.

The dirt caked on her face could never disguise the supple lips that graced her face. Or the particularly defined cheekbones that held those shy e/c eyes.

The pool of blood that engulfed her made me wonder if she was beyond salvage. I quickly mounted Epona and took her to the lab. I knew she would be in capable hands, but I couldn't bring myself to leave her side. I bandaged her head wound, bringing the bleeding to a halt.

I requested Jerrin's help to change her from her mucky clothing.

My sincerest wish is that she has not suffered any brain damage. Hylia forbid if she were to wake with amnesia. What a cruel joke it would be if the only person who could help me was struck with memory loss.

But if she did lose her memories, then perhaps I wouldn't feel so forsaken.
So alone.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

With each inhalation of breath came an exhalation. As if by magic, you were startled awake at the awareness of your chest puffing in and out with its natural rhythm of existence. You calmly canvassed your surroundings.

You opened your mouth, only for a faint whisp of air to escape. You noticed your hand atop the quilt you were stationed under. You attempted to lift it, only to be disappointed by a pitiful wiggle of your fingers. You weren't sure if the neuropathy was related to the coma, which you clearly just came out of, or something worse. Terror traveled up your body in the form of hot pins and needles. You looked downward, hoping to see two limbs in bed. Panic began to pool within your stomach as you tried to move your hand once more. The same finger twitch occurred. You took your surroundings in again, only this time more lucidly.

You were back in the Akkala lab. Had you ever left? You couldn't remember.

As your consciousness slowly returned, your eyes fluttered towards your workstation. The same familiar mess of guardian parts were crowded around the desktop. There was only one minor difference.

A sleeping knight, in the form of a weary Link, limply slept at your desk. His one arm acted as his pillow, while the other dangled at his side. Your foot shot up, pounding back down on the bed in shock.

At least your limbs still worked.

Link! What is Link doing here?

You wanted to scream. Hylia, what if the Queen came here and assumed something sordid? Your foot, like a fish jumping out of water, shot up and pounded the bed once again. You tried to clear your throat to wake him up, but it was no use. Your throat was too dry.

You would think that a man who had a century's worth of sleep wouldn't need to sleep so deeply.

You kept your face pointed towards the ceiling of the lab. The last thing you could remember was trying to walk back to the stable. Your thoughts became clouded as you quickly felt your consciousness slip away once again. You glanced in Link's direction one last time.