Ch.30 The Queen's Secret

Meeting The Deity Within

!Link Hyrule Castle

I hope my audacious statement will not be the source of Hyrule's downfall.

The next step of action would be to go to Lanayru and meet with Sidon.

If our recourse is to use the divine beasts like these supposed four giants of Termina's legend, then we must somehow ingratiate the divine beasts to appeal to and tame the evil within Majora's Mask.

The questions that remain are: how... and whom?

Who will be able to adjucate the nefarious desires of the mask and quell them with the power of the divine beasts?

This goes beyond my scope of expertise. A knight is taught to fight with his sword and never with his tongue.

To my surprise, Zelda has yet another trick up her sleeve...

one that answers the questions about the missing pages in the Hero of Time's biography in the royal library.

It seems the Hero of Time was more than just a mere child who traversed time.

In fact, this newest title is one I could never dream of competing with.

Just another reason I find myself detesting his soul within me.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Zelda exhaled coolly.

Even under the extreme stress of the situation that had unfolded before her, she remained phlegmatic. You couldn't help but wonder if they had royal stress classes where they taught her how to remain regal despite being visibly distraught.

Certainly, you'd be losing your shit at this point. But again, she did hold Ganon away for one hundred solid years. Zelda was built for stress.

"I see." She said this to no one in particular. "This reminds me of a story. The story of before we put you in the Shrine of Resurrection, Link." Zelda kept her head held high, but no matter how patient the castle taught her to be, the rejection was present in her green eyes that usually shimmered with warmth.

Link's shoulders dropped, his eyes gently following Zelda's lips as she spoke. "I couldn't lose you Link. You had awakened within me the greatest power- the power of Hylia herself. You unlocked within me something that I think of as love."

Zelda cast her eyes in your direction. "It is silly to think a man could awaken his true potential for someone he doesn't remember. And so, you became a great hero, but I couldn't say you did it because of something being unleashed within you. I couldn't say you did it because..." The words that followed sounded like barbed wire shredding the inside of Zelda's throat. "I couldn't say you did it because you loved me."

If she was going to cry, she sealed that emotion away, much like she sealed Ganon inside the castle. "I knew, Link. When we went to Akkala and you looked at Y/N, you never looked at me that way. Perhaps you did, one hundred years ago. I saved your life; I considered that the ultimate gift. Now I realize that the ultimate gift I gave you was more than just saving your life. It was giving you the chance at choosing your fate. Choosing whom to love. To choose the things I never could."