Ch.7 Waltz of Darkness Act:2

Dancing in the Dark
!Link Hyrule Castle      

How disappointing.

As Zelda and I waltzed around the ballroom, I couldn't help but shift my eyes through the crowd in search of Y/N. It was too difficult to keep track of her while Zelda demanded my utmost attention. Not before long, I was quickly whisked away for another dance, this time by Riju. Then in succession by Purah and the incredibly meek Paya. Hylia, it felt as though I may never dance with Y/N! Even Sidon requested a few spins on the dance floor.

I hope I managed to contain my annoyance.

After Yunobo belly -flopped me into an unsuspecting group of guests, I realized Y/N was no where to be found.

I decided to check outside. My enthusiasm hidden close to my chest. 

My hands were yearning to find a place around her waist. To feel the soft curve of her body in between my palms.

But this would be short- lived.

As soon as the forces of our bodies joined together, the power went out.

I may not have gotten to dance with Y/N or tell her about my discovery in the castle's library, but my nose still tingles at the scent of her hair, which was reminiscent of the fresh dairies that littered the fields outside of the Shrine of Resurrection.

Everything about her existence pulls at a memory shrouded somewhere deep inside of me.

I just wonder: if I show her all the versions of me, which one will she choose?

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

You had to look away.

You thought for a moment that you felt faint. The cluttered bodies of humans and swirls of sweat in the air made you light-headed. The Shiekah dress you decided to wear was thankfully light. The Shiekah weren't fashionable people, as they tended to value practicality over appearance. Your dress was cinched at the waist by a wide obi belt that displayed a beautiful pop of lush red peony on your otherwise drab canvas of attire. You thought maybe loosening the belt would help you breathe better.

As you stuck your fingers in your belt, pulling it away from your waist, you peaked up beneath your lashes. Zelda and her silky tresses whipped around the dancefloor, with a quick-footed Link leading the waltz. It had nothing to do with the belt or the crowded room and everything to do with your feelings.

Whatever they may be.

You made a break for the ballroom door toward the castle gardens.

You barged into the night, where the only visible dancing would be the evening breeze swaying with the lonely hordes of courtyard gillyflowers.

❤️❤️❤️

Once outside, you felt your breath flow steadily as you exhaled in relief. Droplets of sweat were hidden in your hairline, and the cool caress of the wind seemed to keep them from falling onto your face.