Ch.27 The Women Who Came Before Act:1

!Link
Surviving the Shot Hyrule Field

We made it.

As soon as we hit that ledge, I pulled the arrow from Y/N's ankle while she was out cold. Teba began to check on Tulin's wing wound. Luckily, all wounds are minor.

I spotted a creature run down the side of the mountain across from us. I would call him a Bokoblin, but something was different. I'd never quite seen one like this before.

Despite having my shoulder skimmed by an arrow mid-landing, I picked up Tulin's bow and shot the bizarre monster. I couldn't help but grin as he tumbled off the mountainside to his deserving doom. This Bokoblin wasn't as tall as a Moblin per se, but his body was buff and the precision with which he shot denoted something of a more intelligent monster. I can't help but wonder if they are being fortified by the Blood Moon.

The Blood Moon.

Which has now inched even closer to us.

The water trickling from the faucet of time is now running at full force.

We must get back to the castle at once.

I can only hope that Zelda does not try to stop me. Otherwise, I will be up against more than one enemy.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

A familiar itching sensation made its presence known by prickling your skin. You involuntarily began to scratch your arms. It provided no relief. Your eyelids dragged themselves open as you surveyed the source of the indomitable itch. You saw nothing but rotted wooden panels warding off the sun that was threatening to sneak through their cracks. You pulled yourself up, locating the reason for your itching.

It was hay. And you were in a hayloft. Just like the one you previously envisioned.

"So, you're awake?" You turned and came face-to-face with a familiar set of beguiling blue eyes.

You couldn't seem to locate your voice. You pulled a piece of hay from your disheveled tresses. As you removed it, you noticed a strand of your normally h/c hair was now the shade of rust. Alarm began to set in as you floundered in the hay and noticed not only your hair was different, but your outfit. Your long magenta skirt was offset by an apron around your waist with writing stitched into it in a language you didn't recognize.

"Ah!" You jumped up, looking down at your body in panic. You began to spin in place, studying the barn. Despite the beams and panels of the barn's infrastructure being sturdy, the floorboard seemed to shake as you stomped around, confused.

Sturdy arms surrounded you as they tried to rock you into a rhythm of calm. "Shh. It's ok."

A mere few weeks ago, you would have loved to wake up to the Hero of Time. Now all you wanted was to make sure your hero was okay.

"Hero, where is Link? Is he alright?" You turned to face him. Your hands squeezed his biceps as you held him with a sense of urgency. Even his arms, which were so generously padded with muscle, didn't feel like your Link's.

And his were the only arms you wanted to feel.

The Hero of Time raised an eyebrow at you. "I am Link."

You shook your head at him. "My Link." Your voice was like a sharp set of scissors ready to cut. You couldn't afford to have a dream right now. You needed to be with your Link. You needed the other half of your heart.