Ch.49 Champion Might

Calling all Champions

!Link Hyrule Castle

The battle between the masks wears on, but beneath them, Kilton and I are drained.

The promises made from Kilton's lips are slipping as the attacks grow in strength. I know that he is not only battling against me but the grip of Majora's tyranny as well.

I must admit, the automatic response of my body's movements against each wave of energy is quite refreshing. On the battlefield, my mind is often fighting harder than my body is.

To not have to think, to just be a mindless puppet of a warrior, is that what I've wanted all along?

No. This is the ruthlessness of the deity controlling me. I must not let my thoughts stray.

And the only person who can reign them in is somewhere outside of these walls.

Y/N, please be safe.

I am waiting, bidding time, until you call my name...

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

"Impotent Fool!"

Link could feel his lungs shuddering for air as his arms lifted the deity sword, albeit feebly, slashing through yet another orb of dark matter hurled in his direction. The more slurs Majora screamed, the more Link knew his rage was becoming unbridled, and the more he became enraged, the more attacks were thrown his way.

"You look so good decorated in blood."

Was he bleeding badly? He could feel splotches of warmth dotting areas of his body. He held his sword before him again, the muscles in his arms searing. How was Zelda able to seal Ganon off for a century? Inside his head, the deity snarled, "Sissy boy. I don't know what that girl sees in you."

The comment hit him where it hurt the most. Y/N. He lifted his blade up, howling in anguish, as Majora lunged for him.

"But you know what would look even better? If all of Hyrule were covered in blood!"

Both entities clashed against one another with a quaking might that threatened to peel the castle down to nothing more than crumbled cement.

All of Link's previous deeds—all he had accomplished until this point—none of them held any weight. If he couldn't save Hyrule every time it needed him, it was not only his dignity being stripped away but also his title of hero. A hero doesn't just save what they love once; they dedicate their life to the calling to save.

But right now, with legs that weren't much steadier than those of a baby fawn and arms that were beginning to numb, he felt the blade gently lower and slip to the ground and out of his clutches.

Is this how he would meet his end?

But there was an echo in his mind; he could hear her. Y/N. She was begging him not to go.

"Link, promise me you'll come back, won't you?"

The barrage of voices in his mind grew louder, almost as if he could hear them above him. The clearer they became, the more he realized that the cadence with which they spoke differed from his voice and Y/N's. He was hearing her, as she was.

As Malon.

And he was responding to her, reassuring her, but not as himself, but rather, as the hero of time.

If I do not return to her, she will never forgive me. I cannot abandon her yet again.

Through the jumbled vestiges of voices, the taunts of the deity, and garbled malignments from Majora, there was a voice, and it was his own. With it came a flush of adrenaline; the strength he couldn't find, had returned, and he lifted the deity sword before him once more.

"Forget being a hero. After all, before you were a hero, you were a champion."

Edited:6/28/24

|           |         |        |       |      |       |       |     |        |  *           |         *       |       *      |       *       |    *        |             *                 *               *               *              *

*           |         *       |       *      |       *       |    *        |
             *                 *               *               *              *

Hello Dear Readers:

This chapter is quite short because I've given chapter 49 four different divisions. It is time for you to choose which champion you'd like to fight a long side as you defend the castle's walls.

Each chapter will be written similarly and will have the same ending to lead into chapter 50. Will you fight with one champion or show your might and fight alongside them all?