Ch.15 Hyrule's Newest Knight

Instructing the Art of the Sword

!Link Faron Grasslands

The woman whose tenderness has captured my heart has now requested that I be the one to toughen it.

Y/N's childlike sense of wonder is one of her many traits that I find alluring. I wish I too could witness the world through a lens of trust, as she does.

But I know better.

I can now understand Jerrin's concern and concur that it is completely warranted. Y/N may be highly intelligent, but much like Zelda, her diligence and dedication to her studies have made her a bottomless pit of knowledge. She remains gullible when it comes to her surroundings and the motives of others around her.

Take me, for instance.

She sees me as a dedicated knight who bleeds for Hyrule and its queen.

I know that caged within me is an animal who yearns for release.

Should he be liberated from the careful construct in which he is confined, she will learn why she should be more careful of who she trusts.

Especially when it comes to me.

So, I will grant her wish. I will teach her the ways of the knight.

I will show her how to see through the facades of the populace.

Even if it means she should finally see through my own.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

The Blood Moon's tyranny had been effaced by the dominion of the sun. The horror of last night's events was smudged out by the early morning mist. Boats scratched against the coastline until they met the sea with a series of slaps as they set forth into its mysterious waters. The sound made you squirm as you felt the phantom feeling of your flesh being scraped against the graininess of Lurelin's sands.

You continued to swathe the Bokoblin horse's leg. You hummed, your voice dipping every now and then as you concentrated on your four-legged patient. You may have been covering the horse's wound that leaked blood, but there was no way to cover the intrusive thoughts leaking from your mind. From the constant replay of the attack to the feeling of Link's strong body surrounding you to the odd outburst of anger he displayed.

Now what have I gotten myself into? I'm not a fighter. But I cannot expect Link to be my personal hero forever. That's a tall order. Especially for someone who must always protect Hyrule and the queen.

Never again will I be a burden to him. Not when his cross to bear is heavy enough.

Your mind briefly revisited the dream you had the other night. You thought of the Hero of Time.

He hadn't saved you in the dream. But he did perish beneath the moon's wrath alongside you. The magnitude of that realization made your chest constrict.

"The Dawn of the Final Day" wonder what that meant? Was it a reference to time? Why did he transform back into a child? Wasn't he a child when he stumbled upon Termina? There is just so much we don't know.

One thing was clear, he warned you to defeat the moon or suffer its fury. In his account of Termina, the Hero of Time was victorious. Did this mean he held you in the same esteem? That he believed you could be the one to oust the evil controlling the blood moon?