Ch.14 Hindrance

Beach Boko Brawl
!Link Lurelin Village

Is my anger justifiable?

Realistically, Y/N is an adult. I cannot stop her from doing what she desires. I am not the type of man who controls and detains.

I don't think she understands the atrocities I've seen. Nor do I think she understands how potent the blood moon's effect for bloodlust. There was a reason it had been bestowed this title, after all.

I could feel my blood run cold at the sight of the Bokoblin standing over her with its deformed face and dagger.

When she jumped into my arms, I wanted to hold her that way until the rise of dawn.

If I were anything like the heroes before, I could defend her well enough on my own.

Yet I can't even seem to do that.

What would have happened to Y/N if the resident dog of Lurelin had not trotted after her in hopes of scraps?

The uptick in monsters is certainly alarming, and this is the trend that will continue as long as the Blood Moon persists to dominate the night sky.

All is coming to fruition exactly as I have feared.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

It was all faster than a crack of lightning in the torrential Faron skies.

You heard a pierce of air.

You heard the wretched sound of a cackle coming from the vastly approaching Bokoblin.

You slammed your eyes shut, bracing for impact. The last coherent thought that hit you was, Link. Not the Hero of Time. No, it was Link, hero of the great calamity, and dare you even think it, friend? Then you realized Link wouldn't know what happened to you.

Until he finds your corpse, that is.

Unless your body rolled out to sea with the flow of the tide, an estranged piece of litter that nature would wash away from the shore.

Yes, that was about to be you, and Link would never know.

He'd never know.

Then one final thought. A prayer. A plea. "Hylia, you saved me once; is it too much to ask to be saved twice?" Begging for your life truly made you feel like a selfish mortal. As if Hylia spared the many lives crushed by the occurrence of the calamity.

What made you so special?

You felt a tug at the hem of your tunic; so strong was the force of the tug, it forced you to fall backwards into the sand. The spear whirled right past where you stood, landing a few feet behind you. Your eyes snapped open to see the dog Link had fed earlier.

She cocked her head to the side, studying you with curious, glassy eyes.

Your throat became obstructed from shock. You hugged the dog, her frame a sturdy foundation for your shaken body to melt into. Her silken fur beneath your fingers gave you a false sense of security. It wouldn't be long before you were disrupted by an enthusiastic squeal.

The Bokoblin, still atop its steed, grabbed you by a chunk of hair, dragging you through the sand along with him.

"AHHHH!" Your whaling agony sounded like nails being grooved into the inside of a coffin. Buried alive or buried by the sea, it was all the same at this point. The horse's hooves galloped wildly beside your crumpled mess of a body. The sand that began to splinter your eyes almost became welcome. Should the horse trample you, at least you wouldn't see your death.