The Family

Danis POV

"So how was Dubai?" Tom asks as I walk back into the room.

"You were in Dubai, what happened to having a business?" My nana asks.

"Dubai is beautiful." Although I stayed inside crying and drinking for majority of it... But the first few days were.. Perfect. I frown at the memory of Louis and I. "I'm tired I'm going to bed." I say and walk out the room. My room hasn't changed, walls coved in posters, mostly one direction. I have a double bed and a little desk. I open the draw of my desk and as I had left it was a bottle of alcohol. I unscrew the lid and drink it. I know drinking probably isn't the best thing to do, but I need it, especially if I have three days left here. I hear a knock on the door and I see my mum walk in. I roll my eyes and have another sip of my drink.

"Really?" She says in a disapproving tone.

"If you are going to start judging me in my room I would advise against it." I reply taking another sip.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asks.

"That is the opposite of what I want to do, please just leave me alone." I sigh and she shuts the door, I listen to her talking about me to the rest of the family like the walls aren't super thin and I can't hear her. I open up my window and jump out of it. It's only like half a metre from the ground. I'm so done and I've only been here like twenty minutes. I walk down the street, I don't even know where my destination is, until I stop and see I am across the street of the bakery. It looks exactly the same from when I worked there. I continue walking and end up at the local bar. I walk inside and sit down at the bar. I feel all my emotions rush through me and all I want to do is wash them away with alcohol. I'm sick and tired of crying. The bartender walks over to me and gives me a smile.

"What can I get you?" He asks, his voice sounding very familiar.

"Vodka... Please." I reply and he looks at me surprised.

"Dani? Danielle Jane?" The bartender asks and I look at him confused.

"Yeah..." I reply a little freaked out.

"It's Ian... Ian summers." He says, and I slightly remember him. We both went to school together, until he dropped out because of family issues.

"You still live here?" I ask.

"Yeah, not everyone left like you." He says sadly. I left here as soon as I finished school, I moved to Brisbane, I don't really come back here maybe a few times a year but it will only be for a few days.

"Seems like it." I reply and he hands me my drink.

"So are you and Eric still together?" He asks and I feel my hands start to shake and the emotions I was trying to wash away come back up.

"No... We broke up last year." I say drinking my shot.

"Really, I thought you and him were soul mates." Ian sighs whilst filling up my drink.

"Clearly not." I respond and take another shot.

***

"Are you drunk?" Steph asks as I climb through my window. I look at her, startled from her being in here, I look around to see if it's my room or if I climbed into her room. I see the posters and know I am in my room. My head starts spinning and I sit on the floor.

"A little." I say giggling.

"Mum and nana are going to kill you." She sighs.

"What did I do this time?" I ask and see my left over alcohol bottle on the floor. I pick it up and drink it.