Eric

I put on the last bit of make up on and looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a tight black dress that my mother and father would have disapproved of if they knew I was wearing it. They have no idea though. I am going to a party with Caitlin, we don't normally go to party's especially when majority of the people going are older than us. But we were invited and we both felt bad not going plus it is a Friday night. I brush my bright red hair and smile. I jump out my window quietly with my shoes in my hand and get into Tony's car. Tony is one of mine and Caitlin's friends we aren't that close but he offered to take us and since caitlin and I only have our L plates we needed a ride. We drive down the road and after about ten minutes we stop outside of the party. I can hear the loud music from here and wonder how long it will take before the neighbours complain and the cops come. I hope out the car and walk into the house with Caitlin right behind me.

"I'm going to go to the kitchen." She says and I nod my head, I lose her instantly and start freaking out, I don't really know anyone here and I am not use to partying. I walk through the house trying to find some place that wasn't so hot and crowded. My claustrophobia getting the better of me. I find myself outside, I walk past all the smokers and druggies and walk to the tyre swing. It's nice out here the wind blowing and gently moving the swing. I feel someone approach me and I instantly look up. I am met with hazel eyes, I know them instantly. Eric. I have had a crush on the guy for like three years. He smiles at me, his smile was perfect.

"Would you care if I joined you?" He asks.

"No I wouldn't care at all." I reply nervously.

"I'm Eric." He says sitting down next to me.

"Danielle, but people call me Dani." I reply back.

"So Elle, how old are you?" He asks I smile at the nickname he gave me.

"Sixteen." I reply back.

"Year younger than me... I've seen you before haven't I." He says and I nod my head.

"We go to the same school, I'm a year below, and I work at the bakery, you might of seen me there." I respond. Surprising myself that I wasn't stuttering when my heart was beating a million miles per second.

"I have probably seen you at both those places." He says and it's silent for a bit.

"Do you go to party's often?" I ask playing with my ring.

"Some times but not normally... I am guessing you don't." He says and I shake my head.

"Party's aren't really my scene." I tell him.

"So what is your scene?" He asks interested.

"Library's, beaches places where it's quiet and relaxing and you can think." I reply and he smiles.

"So you are a quiet girl." He asks and I nod my head. Eric is different than I imagined. He seems more interested in me than I would of thought. He is a sporty guy, he plays football (Australian football), swims and motorcycles. He is also really good at athletics and wins most of the sport and swimming carnivals. "Do you want to get out of here?" He asks and I feel my stomach go tight.

"I probably shouldn't I came with my friend and I don't want to leave her." I say and he runs his hand through his dark hair.

"I doubt your friend will notice, I will bring you back." He smiles and I contemplate my decision.

"Fine, but I have to be back here by 12:30 so I am home by one." I say and he nods his head.

"Curfew I see." He winks and I lower my head and blush. We walk out the front gate and make our was down the street. We reach the end of the street and I see they live near an oval. From here the loud music is just audible. Eric walks up to the gate and goes under the hole in it. I follow behind him making sure my dress doesn't ride up. We walk on the oval for a bit and after a while I take my shoes off. I don't like shoes they hurt to much. Eric and I talk for a while, at first about nothing but the further we walked the more we got to know each other. "I'm guessing you're a book worm." He says as we reach the play ground.