chapter 4.

OTHER HALF.

Later that day.

Khangelwa looked as her husband watched Tv.she bit her lower lip thoughtfully then walked over to him before taking a sit.jamani turned and looked at her.

Khangelwa:babe.
Jamani:yes?.
Khangelwa:nthabi asked if it was possible for us to borrow her some money,she took a loan from the bank and she's been failing to pay it off fairly,they took her car and her house is next.
Jamani:how much does she want?.
Khangelwa:R95 000.
Jamani:we don't have that kind of money.
Khangelwa:let's try.
Jamani:babe you know our finances,we don't have that amount of money.
Khangelwa:i was thinking that maybe we can take from our future savings.
Jamani:we promised each other that we won't touch that money unless it's an emergency.tell her that we can't help her,she knows that if we could we would help her.
Khangelwa:yeah.

Khangelwa sighed frustrated.she knew that there was nothing she could do to convince her husband.

****
At a club.Barona walked in his eyes immediately falling on sticks and tiger at the VIP section.he clenched his jaws as he tried to control his anger.he walked over to them then tapped tiger on the shoulder.

Barona:sure MR can I have a word with you?.
Tiger:sure.

Sticks turned and looked at him then continued drinking with no care.
Tiger was better because he had sense other that sticks.they both walked outside.

Tiger:(smiled)what's up.
Barona:you guys are too much.
Tiger:what do you mean too much?.our agreement was going separate ways after getting this money,not controlling each other on how to spend it.
Barona:the only reason I'm here is to warn you not tell you how you supposed to use your money.the police are still on the look for the guys who bombed the atm and once they find them then everything will be over.if ever the police find you guys as suspects please don't ever mention my name because it won't be nice.
Tiger:relax the police won't get to us.
Barona:I'm trying so hard not to punch you right but it think I'm failing.this money is not a lot if you spend it the way you and your friend are doing.i know that sticks is your friend but this friendship will do more harm than good in your life.i didn't even want to involve his in this but you insisted.if you don't see that he is misleading you then you will see it when you are down and broke.
Tiger:
Barona:take that money that you have left then go away.do something with your life.open that car wash you always talked about.you have the money now so i don't see anything stopping you other than that man in there that you call your friend.i care for you because we grew up so close and it would hurt to see you just growing with no direction.the choice is yours.and yes we are not friends,you guys leaving me behind that day says a lot.

Barona turned then walked away leaving tiger deep in his thoughts."the loan was approved,it's finally happening babe"barona sent the text to Onthatile.

****
Nthabiseng looked at her phone and she had no text message from Khangelwa.she must think she is joking.
"Are we winning"she sent her a text then waited for a reply but there was none.

"I'm giving you a week to give me this money,stop making things difficult."she sent another text to Khangelwa.

**
Meanwhile Khangelwa looked at the texts her little sister sent to her.she sighed then switched on the lamp on her side before turning to her husband shooking him.

Khangelwa:jamani..wake up.

Jamani turned waking up,he looked at her annoyed then sat up.

Jamani:did you see the time?.
Khangelwa:can we please claim then borrow nthabi please.
Jamani:not this again.
Khangelwa:please.i can't stand to see my sister suffer while I have the power to save her.please,they will take her house .where will she go?
Jamani;we talked about this.
Khangelwa:i wish that you could just put yourself in my situation and how it would make me the bad person if I don't help her.lets say it's your brother that needs our help what would you do?.
Jamani:please stop with the emotional blackmail.
Khangelwa:I'm not blackmailing you or anything but put your self in my situation and tell me if you would let your sibling suffer like they have no one while you have the power to save then or what.
Jamani:
Khangelwa:please agree ,she will pay it back,I will make sure.
Jamani:(sighed)Okay.
Khangelwa:(smiled)thank you so much babe,it really means a lot.

The following day.

Tiger woke up to sticks snores which filled the whole room.after the talk he had with Barona he wasn't okay.he got up then took his bag before packing his clothes.he wore clean ones without even taking a bath then pulled his bag of money that was under the base leaving one which was for sticks before walking out heading to his home town.far way from sticks.

****
At church,Onthatile stepped forward as the pastor placed his hands on her daughter.he prayer for the back of them then baptized the child.onthatile watched emotionally as her baby let out a loud cry while the church members clapped hands happily.

The pastor gave her back the back then looked at her.

Pastor:and don't worry my child,all the pain you are feeling right now is nothing compared to the happiness coming your way.and yes it will take longer,it will take years but once the lord agrees you shall have both your blessings by your side.

Onthatile smiled not sure about what he meant on the last part.

16 years later..
.
.
.
.
.