chapter 34.

OTHER HALF.

At Barona's house.

Rele read Nkazimulo's message trying to make sense with it.they were okay just a few hours ago.how did they get from that to this.Or maybe he was just pranking her,just for her reaction.she smiled as she felt stupid.maybe he was planning something for her,makes her think it's over then boom he surprises her.so sweet.

She dialed his number and it rang unanswered.she dialed again and still.whatever he was planning was so big.he must be so busy wherever he is and he would call back the minute he gets his hands on his phone.

Rele:(Smiled)I wonder what you are planning for me Nkazi hmmmm whatever it is.i love it.

The following day.

In her formal simple wear.Khangelwa walker in Motso travel and adventurous events.she smiled then walked over the receptionist desk.

Khangelwa:Morning.
Receptionist:Hello miss ,how can we help You today?.
Khangelwa:I was called in for the contract signing.
Receptionist:(Smiled)Oh so you are the lucky One.right on time.please go to the third floor and the first door on your left is the HRs office then get in there.you will see,it's written in Bold letters.i will also call and inform them you are here.
Khangelwa:Thank you.

She walker towards the escalator then moved up.she stepped out immediately seeing the office.she took a deep breath in as her nerves got high.She knocked.

"Come in"

A voice from inside said.she collected her emotions then Opened the door stepping in.she looked at The two women who were busy talking and man sipping on his coffee.she smiled then took a sit down.

Khangelwa:Good morning.
1women:Hello,Khangelwa right?.
Khangelwa:Yes.
2women:Hey.
1women:You are so lucky Khangelwa do you know that?.
Khangelwa:I know it and I'm totally grateful.
1women:Okay then.here is the contract.i need you to take it home with so you can go through each page and read it with understanding then sign.
Khangelwa:Oh I can even sign it here.
1women:No you have to read it first, maybe there is something you don't understand here and I wouldn't want you to regret yourself later on.
Khangelwa:Okay.
1women:That's all.
Khangelwa:Thank you so much for this opportunity.

She said then took the contract before walking out.once outside,she punched the air gratefully.at least something positive was happening in her life.

****

"Girl I'm in,you know i can finally pay off that loan I took from the bank,things a looking good for me"

Nthabiseng said to her friend over the phone.

Friend:I know you girl.
Nthabi:Now the problem is,guy is still on my sister.
Friend:Didn't they divorce kanti?.
Nthabiseng:I guess he wants her back.
Friend:I bet if he could ask for a love back she would agree.
Nthabiseng:Offcause she would,who wouldn't now that's the problem.i can't lose him.i hate to admit it but i think I'm in love.
Friend:This was supposed to be a once off thing ,how did you catch feelings?.
Nthabiseng:Matters of the heart.
Friend:So what now.
Nthabiseng:I have the man right where I need him to be.the problem is how long will I keep up with the pregnancy lie.the only reason he let me in here is because he thinks I'm pregnant.
Friend:That one of tough.you should fake a miscarriage.
Nthabiseng:Then he will throw me out after that.
Friend:isidliso friend,there is no other way.
Nthabi:I was thinking the same thing,then I can fake the miscarriage.he would still love me.
Friend:Simple.
Nthabi:it's actually a great idea.
Friend:So you are willing to sacrifice your relationship with your sister?.
Nthabiseng:I wouldn't be doing this if she helped me pay off the loan.she is just selfish.and please I don't care.

****

"I've been calling you girl,whatsupp"

Koketso said to tshego as she caught up with her.

Tshegofatso:Nothing.
Koketso:Are you Okay?.
Tshegofatso:I'm fine.
Koketso:Okay.

She said not wanting to say more.she could see that she is pissed. They both walked silently to the lecture hall.she wondered what happened,or this had something to do with Nkazimulo, he better be kidding her.tshego was literally the only true friend she had ever met.he can't ruin.she thought.

****

Mother in law read the instructions on the morning afters before taking one.She took another one making then two so they can work faster.she put her hand just below her stomach massaging it as the pain from yesterday came back.it felt like severe period pains.

Maybe the pills were working.so fast.the pain got worse.the urge to vomit came over her and she rushed to the bathroom before kneeling down vomiting everything she had eaten that morning.including the pills she had just taken.she stood up minutes later,maybe it was because she took two instead of one.she took another one then gulped in down with water.

Her:(Smiled)Let's see where killing my daughter has gotten you.

She said with a smile.her insides turned again and this time around she let out right on the floor.

****

Jamani walked in the house later that day and nthabi was not in.he sighed in relief then took a quick bath before stepping out and got in his car then drove off.

**

Khangelwa looked at Jamani's car parked  outside.she sighed defeated.he stepped out holding flowers ,she looked at him as he walked towards the door and knocked.

Khangelwa:(opened)What so you want.
Jamani:Here.

He gave her the flowers then let himself in.

Jamani:We have to talk.
Khangelwa:Jamani there won't ever be me and you.that ship has long sank.please try to accept this.
Jamani:I'm not here about that, we will talk about that after this.
Khangelwa:Okay,what is it?.
Jamani:We have to fetch our daughter from where Barona and wife buried her,then do a proper ceremony for her.
Khangelwa:I thought she was resting in peace wherever she is.
Jamani:But at the wrong identity, there is no peace there....I will talk to Barona so we can do the arrangements.
Khangelwa:My view is not really important here?
Jamani:What's not important, I'm doing what we both should've done the minute Rele went back to her family but i understand we were both messed up at that moment to think of such.
Khangelwa:(Sighed)Okay.

She said.her point was not important anyway.jamani came here with plans already,he should've at least asked her how re burying the child in their names would feel like.he just wanted to open old wounds.

TWO WEEKS LATER.
.
.