chapter 37.

OTHER HALF.

A FEW DAYS LATER.

At Barona's house.

Onthatile lotioned her hands then sat on her bed before getting busy on her laptop.the bathroom door opened and Barona stepped out.

Onthatile:You know,it's been a week already she Relebohile is not back.
Barona:I don't know what's wrong with her but whatever it is needs a serious prayer.
Onthatile:She should've just said that she won't be coming back anytime soon.instead of what she did.or she feels like she is old enough to do as she pleases.i wonder if Khangelwa knows that she didn't say.
Barona:
Onthatile:Maybe she does need a serious prayer or better yet professional help.
Barona:I don't see anything wrong with her but whatever way that can help her and make her realise she is not getting any younger.we should go for it.
Onthatile:I will try to have a talk with her when she comes back.because she is not answering my calls but she posts everyday on her whatsapp status.
Barona:Haha at least we know she is safe.

****

Tshegofatso smiled reading a text she had received from Nkazi.replyng him would give him a wrong impression.so she blue ticked it.This thing was more than just complicated and the fact that Nkazimulo wasn't giving up made things worse.

Her phone rang.she looked at the caller id and it was Rele.her heart skipped a little.they haven't talked since that encounter at the parking.what if she saw that it was her.she picked.

Tshegofatso:Hello?.
Relebohile:(Sniffed)Hey.
Tshegofatso:Hey are you okay.
Relebohile:No,Nkazimulo Broke up with me and a few days later I saw him with a girl at a parking lot(Voice shook)I am so hurt.he i is the first guys who has ever made me feel like this.i feel so dump and stupid.i don't even know why because I didn't do anything wrong.

Tshegofatso sighed guilt stricken.she didn t even know what to say.

Tshegofatso:I'm sorry twinny.
Rele:No it's fine.i just know that whoever he is won't have peace untill they breakup matter of fact.this relationship of theirs won't go anywhere.i refuse to be played like that.
Tshegofatso:Rele please don't do anything stupid please.
Rele:My tears won't go to waste.

****

Nthabiseng looked as Jamani wore his work clothes.the muthi  didn't seem to be working.it looked like his hate for her was growing every single day.But her friend did say that it won't work right away.minutes later he walked out and she heard his car driving out.she dialed her friend's number.

Friend:Hello?.
Nthabiseng:Hey.When did you say this thing Will start working?.
Friend:Two weeks or so.
Nthabiseng:Okay. I was starting to get worried.
Friend:No don't worry.
Nthabiseng:I really want it to work hle.i can imagine my self ,Nthabiseng Danki.it has a nice ring on it.
Friend:Mmhh
Nthabiseng:Girl I can already see myself.Mrs Jamani.eyy friend I'm tired of being single.
Friend:So what are you going to do about the fake pregnancy?.
Nthabiseng:Once this muthi starts working, I will fake a miscarriage obviously he won't leave me.
Friend:Yeah I see.
Nthabiseng:No I was just asking that.let me get busy with something.
Friend:Okay.

She said then hung up.

*

Meanwhile her friend clapped her hands laughing.what was that right there.was she really bragging to her like that.if only she knew there won't be any working muthi.infact there won't be any faking of miscarriage.

She went to her call log then saved the recording of the conversation she just had with nthabi.lets see what she brags about after this.

****

Tiger drove in his yard with Jasmine on the passenger seat.the pulled over then turned and looked at her.they both locked eyes and she smiled at him.Tiger blushed shying away from her look.

Jasmine:(Laughed)What?.
Tiger:(Smiled)Nothing.lets go in.

They both stepped out.Jasmine held her small bag as they both stepped in the house.

Tiger:Come here.let's have a talk.

He said then tapped on beside him on the couch.jasmine sat next to him already sure about what he wants to talk about.

Tiger:What were you saying.
Jasmine:I simply asked you a question.how did you deal with the guy who killed my sister?.
Tiger:That's not what you said.how do you even know about all that to begin with.
Jasmine:You really can't cover up your tracks can you.I guess these walls do have ears.
Tiger:Really?.
Jasmine:I heard the conversation you were having with someone over the phone that day.followed you but i last saw you put that guy in your car boot.
Tiger:(Smiled)Wow.
Jasmine:I didn't want you to do anything stupid that day.but another part of me really wanted justice for my sister,I just hope you did your part good because the justice system is really failing up.
Tiger:Yeah true.
Jasmine:So how did you do it?.
Tiger:Nothing much.i just hanged him then buried him on the same sport.you are really clever.you should've came and helped me.
Jasmine:I wouldn't be able to stand that.

****

Around lunch time at work,Jamani ate with his mate while talking about soccer.
His phone rang.he looked at the unsaved number calling then picked stepping out.

Jamani:Hello?.
Voice:Hello,this is Nthabiseng's friend.can we please meet.there is something that I need to tell you.

****

Mother in law touched her stomach as she felt something move.it continued moving while she rubbed it.it felt like baby kicks but that's not possible.even if she was pregnant.a baby can't start kicking in only a few weeks.

Why did she even think of pregnancy.she wasn't pregnant ,the morning after pills were known to be 100% prevention of pregnancy but whatever that was happening needed her to check with a doctor.