chapter 43.

OTHER HALF.

At the hospital.

Nurse:Your daughter identified her as the one who burned her with acid.
Mom:That girl being pushed by the police.The police won't do anything to her.yeeer My child with acid.

She said then turned before rushing outside where the police cars usually park.hopefully they haven't left.

To her surprise they were still holding her with the other one opening the back.she rushed towards them then yanked Tshego off the police then slapped her across the face.unable to defend her self tshego covered her face with both her cuffed hands.the police separated them.

Police:Please let us do our job mama please.
Her:(Furious)You will let her out.just let me teach her a lesson.
Police:If you continue doing like this i will arrest you.please move we have to go.

"Let her go"A voice from behind said said.They all turned and it was Nkazimulo.tshego looked at him as more tears formed.

Tshegofatso:(Crying)Please tell them it's not me.
Nkazimulo:(Sighed)It's not her.please uncuff her.
Police:We are not here to play Mr.The victim said it's her.so I'm afraid your word is not as important in this situation.
Nkazimulo:It's not her.her twin sister did it.she burned my little sister with acid.
Mother:(shocked)What?all along you knew.
Nkazimulo:I'm sorry(to the police)Let her go and we will show you where her twin sister is.
Mother:all along you knew and you saw it right to keep it to yourself(voice shook)Nkazi your little sister almost died and you kept the perpetrator's name to yourself.
Police:We can't let her go,we have to get the sister first before letting go of her.
Nkazimulo:Okay.we can all go now.
Police:After you.

They put tshego in the police car before locking it.Nkazi turned and got in his and the mother walked back inside still in disbelief.

****

"At this point I don't care what happens.Rele is an adult and she does what her heart desires.does not care about others people's opinions.I just need to go back to my house and rest"Onthatile said to Barona while sipping on her tea.

Barona:You do realise that she can go to prison and her life will be ruined.
Onthatile:Maybe that's what needs to happen.
Barona:You can't say that.
Onthatile:What must i do.i just know that we won't lose money by getting her a lawyer.the state has one. I'm tired of this child,if she doesn't send me to my early grave then nothing else will.
Barona:
Onthatile:I hope you won't try and get her a lawyer behind my back.Im doing all this out of love.if we help her out of this situation then she won't hesitate doing it again.This is part of parenting I was not prepared for.but I guess I can't run from it.
Khangelwa:True.

There was a loud knock on the door.Khangelwa opened the door and two police men walked in.

Police1:Dumelang Mama.
Khangelwa:Hello.
Police1:We are looking for Relebohile.We have some few questions to ask her at the station.
Khangelwa:Okay.let me call her.

She said then went straight to her bedroom.she opened the door stepped in.Rele looked at her,fear written all over her face.she coverd her mouth with her shaking hands.

Khangelwa:They are looking for you outside.
Rele:No,please don't let them take me.
Khangelwa:Please come out.they just want to question you.
Rele:I don't want to be questioned.
Khangelwa:Come here.

She stepped closer and they hugged.

Khangelwa:I will find you a good lawyer.they have no evidence.
Relebohile:No please tell them I'm not here.How did they even know.
Khangelwa:You will be Okay.

She held her hand and led her out.Her heart skipped as she looked at the police men who were waiting for her.she turned her head and looked at her parents.Barona looked at her and shook his head and Onthatile looked down not wanting to see more.

Police:Go and open for her.

He said to his partner.he walked towards the car then opened the back door letting tshego out.As the other one stepped out with Rele.The twins locked eyes,Rele shook her head in disbelief.

Rele:You sold me out.

Tshegofatso looked at her with no expression.Onthatile stepped out of the house and they both hugged.

Tshegofatso:(Emotionally)I'm not Okay.Nothing is going well.i just want to go home.
Onthatile:I'm sorry my baby.

The police car drove off.Nkazi walked over them looked at Onthatile before putting his hands together respectfully.

Nkazimulo:Good day.
Onthatile:Hey.i will give you guys some space.

She said then stepped in the house.Tshego looked at Nkazimulo waiting for him to say something.Now she was certain that she was done with this.whatever that was trying to happen wasn't going to happen anymore.She just needed her peacefull life back.This wasn't going to work anyway.

Nkazimulo:I'm sorry.
Tshegofatso:Look Nkazi.you are a great guy no lies but dating you at the cost of other's pain is not on.Please stay away from me.i know that the past few days were promising but it won't ever happen.There is no me and you on the same sentence please try to understand where I'm coming from.I hope what happened is proof enough that whatever we were trying to do if forbidden.Please don't try to get me to change my mind because I won't and please don't bother me,I don't want to see myself filing for a protection order against you.Ans what happened today.showed me another side of you.Please go.

****

"You are going away for a very long time do you know that little girl"The officer said to Rele.

Him:The kids of today.You think burning your ex's little sister with acid with bring him back to you.
Rele:His sister.
Him:Ah you are acting surprised.
Rele:I don't know what you are talking about.
Him:The girl you burned with acid is your  boyfriends little sister.
Rele:
Him:You didn't know?.

He asked sarcastically then smiled before closing his note book.Rele looked at him ,he made sense.That was his little sister.he did say he has a sister who was her mate.Now that she was thinking about it.Nkazi wouldn't bring a girl in his mother's kitchen.he did say that he respected her space.she looked down as everything came back.she was doomed.

****

"Thami khumalo" The officer said out his name.Tiger walked over as the police opened the door for him.He led him to the interrogation room.the officer removed his cuffs and he sat down.minutes later a man in a navy blue suit walked in holding his briefcase and the officer walked out.

Him:Thami khumalo?.
Tiger:Sure.
Him:Your friend Barona Sent me here.I will be your lawyer.

****

Jamani drove slowly on the streets of jozi. He looked at the prostitutes leaning against the wall some swaying their ass left and right.now that he was looking at them.he really needed to release some steam.

He pulled over and two of them walked over in their mini skirts.He rolled down the window as they smiled at him.

Girl:Hey daddy.
Jamani:Hey.
Girl:Can we get in,both of us for a price of one.

Jamani looked at her surprised.The other girl was awfully quiet.she also looked uncomfortable.he looked at her fresh thighs in that mini skirts then smiled.he could already imagine himself fucing the innocence out of her.

Jamani:(pointed)I want that one.
Girl:(disappointed)Oh..you can have her.

The other girl looked down shamefully.They never told her life in joburg can get this hard.Her heart pounded as the girl she was with opened  the door and hugged her.

Girl:(whispered)Relax Okay.remember you are doing this for your mother.

She nodded then got inside the car.her partner closed the door for her and jamani drove off as she did a silence prayer.
.
.
.
.