chapter 24.

OTHER HALF.

Later that day.

Khangelwa walked in her house exhausted from the long day she had.her mood has been dropped down.The interview didn't go as planned.She took off her heels,relaxed her legs.so lazy to cook she ordered food then took her phone going to the bathroom to take a bath.

Meanwhile Jamani drove through what used to be his happy place.it can still be.How Khangelwa won this house ,he didn't know.He pulled over then stepped out and locked the gate before locking his car.he looked at himself through the rearview mirror and he was Okay.mouth breath ,perfect.he walked towards the front door then knocked.He knocked again but there was still no answer.he dialed her number.

Khangelwa:Hello?.
Jamani:Hey.
Khange:Hey.
Jamani:(Cleared his throat)I'm here at your place.where are You?.
Khangelwa:(Sighed)What do you want.
Jamani:I want us to talk.
Khangelwa:Just come in.I didn't lock the door.
Jamani:Okay.

He hung up then Opened the door stepping in.he looked at her heels on the floor then smiled.when did she start wearing those.new resolutions he guessed.he thoughtfully sat there waiting for her wondering what she was doing.He stood up heading straight to what used to be their bedroom then stepped in just as Khangelwa stepped out of the bathroom wrapped in a short towel.His eyes moved down to her thick yellow thighs that were out on display.he swallowed wetting his dry throat as his eyes moved around her body.

Khangelwa:When you are done undressing me with your eyes you will tell me?.
Jamani:(Cleared his throat)I'm sorry about that.
Khangelwa:Please step out.i want to dress.
Jamani:(nodded)Okay.

He turned going out and Khangelwa locked the door.then sat down taking her lotion with.

****

With her legs on the side of the walldrobe while sucking a lollipop Relebohile blushed while talking to someone over the phone.

Voice:So what are you saying?.
Relebohile:I don't know eyy. But I will tell you when I'm free.
Voice:Okay.please do because I really like you.
Relebohile:(Smiled)Okay.
Voice:So what are you currently doing?.
Relebohile:I'm doing my second year in law.
Voice:Beauty with brains yeah.
Relebohile:I will take that as a compliment.

They continued talking.

****

"That's my order"Khangelwa said then opened the door.she received her pizza then closed the door before walking back to the Dining room.

Khangelwa:It's getting late and you still haven't said why you are here.
Jamani:I thought you were enjoying my company.
Khangelwa:(Smiled and rolled her eyes)ohh please.
Jamani:When last did you talk to Rele.
Khangelwa:Last week.She failed her matric.
Jamani:She was never serious.
Khangelwa:I guess.
Jamani:I want my family back.

Khangelwa turned and looked at him as the bite she had token lost taste.she spit it out on her mouth waiting for him to say something like he was just joking but he kept his serious face.

Khangelwa:(chuckled)You are playing right?.
Jamani:No I'm not playing or anything.im  serious.i want you back.
Khangelwa:You can't be serious.
Jamani:Well I am.

Khangelwa took a deep breath trying to calm down but just looking at his face made her even angry.her mind took her back to when she had just lost her baby.how he wanted a divorce while she was down.where she needed him the most.and after the divorce.the depression she went through coming in terms with what she had lost and accepting that she will never get them back.her healing process was the hardest ship in her whole life.and when she had just started picking her own life up and actually doing something with her life he comes back with a lame"i want my family back".She remembered her therapist words on how to deal with situations like  this then sighed calming down.

Khangelwa:No.Please leave.
Jamani:I thought maybe we will give it a try and this time around do it all right.
Khangelwa:The fact that you are seating here asking for such disgusts me.please leave I don't want to end up saying things that I'm not supposed to say.
Jamani:But are you really blaming me for divorcing you at that time?.
Khangelwa:That's the thing.You think every thing is about you.you are the reason behind our divorce and if you haven't noticed that then I don't know.
Jamani:So you are telling me that it's my fault that you stole a baby?.
Khangelwa:Oh here are the words I have been waiting for.Jamani please go.i want to lock up and sleep.please.

Jamani looked at her then shook his head before he walked out angrily.minutes later she heard the car driving out then she locked up.her mind took her back to the interview earlier.she just had to be positive.getting this job would open so many doors for her.she would even start with getting a sperm donar and something to carry.Maybe what she needed was a baby with no man.

****

After driving for about 30 minutes to his place.Jamani got closer to his yard and from a distance he could see someone waiting by the gate with suitcases by her side.he drove closer then pulled up.he looked at Nthabiseng who had now stood up waiting for him to step out of the car.

Jamani:Help me lord.

He stepped then looked at her with her hand on her belly rubbing it.

Jamani:(Stern voice)What are you doing here.
Nthabiseng:(rubbed)We are moving in.
Jamani:Fuvc Nthabiseng please don't do this.its not even a baby yet.
Nthabiseng:You think I'm playing with you don't you.
Jamani:Please leave before I call the police on you.
Nthabiseng:(put her hands together)you can just arrest me.aint you a police man?
Jamani:Stop pushing me.please leave.
Nthabiseng:Maybe you didn't hear me (Shouting)I'm not going anywhere.The baby wants to bond with you.You want this baby to wake me up at night wanting you.

Jamani looked at her defeated.He didn't know much about pregnancy but this.her stomach wasn't even showing yet.
.
.
.