chapter 5.

16 years later.

"it's 06:00am and she's still not home,next thing you will be saying I'm being too much on her"jamani said to Khangelwa.

Khangelwa:her not being back by this time should be least of your worries.what if something bad happened to her.

Khangelwa said annoyed.she called her daughter again but it just rang.jamani went to the bedroom and took his car keys and a jersey then went back to where his was was sitting.

Jamani:I will go and look for her.
Khangelwa:okay.

The door opened and relebohile walked in still wearing her school uniform.she looked at both her parents who were looking at her then stepped back covering her mouth.she dropped her back then vomited all over the floor.khangelwa stepped closer to her then stepped back at the smell of alcohol mixed with what she just released.

Khangelwa:you are drunk(angrily)when did you start drinking alcohol?.

Khangelwa looked at her husband but he just turned going back to the bedroom.she turned and looked at rele.

Khangelwa:(angry)where are you coming from?.
Relebohile:(smiled)i..I'm sorry.
Khangelwa:stop smiling dammit.

Jamani walked over again holding a belt,part of it rolled on his hand.he pushed Khangelwa to the side then swinged it and it landed straight on rele's thigh.she moved back screaming and he continued.khangelwa held his hand from the back pushing him back.

Khangelwa:please stop.beating her is not a solution.you are making things worse.
Jamani:this is exactly what I mean. We've been talking to her about this behavior of hers and still she doesn't listen.maybe beating her will help.(looked at rele)where did you get the money to buy alcohol,who even bought it for you because as far as I'm concerned you are under age so you are not allowed to buy alcohol.

Relebohile continued crying while dramatically screaming at the same time.

Jamani:shut up and wipe of those tears because I didn't do anything to you.
Khangelwa:please calm down.
Jamani:(snapped)don't tell me to calm down.you are spoiling this child way too much and it will all come back and bite you one day.

He said then went outside for a smoke.khangelwa looked at her daughter crying as her heart broke.she helped her up then led her to her bedroom before cleaning up her vomit.jamani walked in on her moping the floor,he shook his head then went to the bedroom to prepare himself for work.

****
The following morning.Tshegofatso looked at her self through her bedroom mirror then smiled anxiously.Her mom peeked through before walking in.

Onthatile:are you ready.
Tshego:yes.im just nervous, I don't want to ruin this...
Onthatile:(help her hands and looked at her straight in her eyes)okay relax.you can do this. You've been practicing for this for like forever now.dont worry,you got this.
Tshego:(exhaled)huùuu i got this.
Onthatile:now finish up so your father can drop you off at school.
Tshego:(smiled)Okay.

Onthatile smiled then walked out headed to the dining room where her 13 years old son thabo was having break fast.

Onthatile:please hurry ,your transport will be here in less than 10 minutes.
Thabo:cool.
Onthatile:I don't like that.
Thabo:relax mom it's nothing big.

Barona walked in from the bedroom talking to someone over the phone.

Barona:one thing I can assure you is that our houses are built in a very safe environment with high qualified security.and they are one of the best with a very affordable price.
Voice:I've heard about them,can we please meet up today so we can talk.also view them.
Barona:there is no problem,I'm free today.
Voice:which means we can meet at anytime right?.
Barona:yes,pass by our offices then we will take it from there.
Voice:great then.

They said their goodbyes then he hung up.before kissing Onthatile.

Onthatile:another potential buyer?.
Barona:yes.my PA is on a sick leave and she is the only person I trust.so I have to take all calls and bookings by my self.
Onthatile:okay.

Tshegofatso walked over and they all walked out.thabo got in his transport and tshego and barona got in his car before he drove off.

At Barona hotel and properties.

Barona drove in the premises after dropping off his daughter at school.he stepped out of his car then locker it before walking towards the door.he stepped in then went to the reception table.

Barona:morning.
Receptionist:morning sir boss.
Barona:(smiled)any messages for me?.
Receptionist:oh here,you have a meeting request from the manager of desires hotel and please don't forget that you have to meet up with mr Danki.
Barona:I was talking to him over the phone today.schedule the meeting with the manager for tomorrow and any meetings that may be requested.i have to knock off early today for my daughters performance.
Receptionist:do you realize that you are making me do what your PA was supposed to do.(smiled)please kindly add something ontop of my salary for this month.
Barona:(laughed)you always want something.you are always broke actually.don't you have a boyfriend.
Receptionist:ahh that one,it ended in tears.
Barona:(laughed)I thought gays last in relationships.
Receptionist:mjolo knows no colour papa,mjolo is nyising all of us,wether you are gay or what.
Barona:(laughed)okay sizwe get back to work.
Sizwe:about the salary increase.
Barona:overwork yourself maybe you might get a reward.

Barona said as he walked away  leaving sizwe smiling from what he was saying.

****
Khangelwa knocked on her daughter's bedroom and she opened then stepped back holding her head.

Rele:I have this extremely bad headache.
Khangelwa:do you realize that you just missed school because of this behavior of yours?
Rele:
Khangelwa:why are you not answering me?.
Rele:mama the.....can you please let me rest for a few more hours then we will talk when i wake up.
Khangelwa:stop playing...or you want your dad you finish you off with a belt?.
Rele:

Khangelwa turned and looked at her but she was sleeping.she clicked her tongue then walked out.

"Please be ready at 12:00 ,we have to meet with that property guy"she received a text from jamani.she smiled excited.at least something positive was happening, she couldn't wait to be in her new house.
.
.
.