chapter 42

OTHER HALF.

At the hospital.

Police:We are here to take her statement.

Nkazimulo looked at the police men then chimed in before anyone can say anything.

Nkazimulo:She just woke up.give her time to regain her strength.
Police.m:We are jus doing our jobs.
Nurse:He is right sir,please step out.our patient is not fit enough to give out her statement.
Police:Okay but we will come back.

He said then walked out with his partner.Nkazi sighed relieved.This was getting out of controll and he had to do something with it.his phone vibrates indicating an oncoming call.he looked at the id and it was tshego.he stepped out.

Nkazimulo:Hello.
Tshegofatso:Hello...hey,how is your little sister doing,I'm sorry about what Rele did.
Nkazimulo:Better.i hope whatever she is she knows the situations she has put me in.i hope she knows how it's like to act like you don't know who did it and wait for the police to find out.
Tshegofatso:You should report her.
Nkazimulo:What?.
Tshegofatso:No Nkazi,Rele needs to grow up.maybe jail will teach her a thing or two about the importance of being realistic. I've never been bored about being twin like now.everything she does will have a way of coming back to me.
Nkazimulo:
Tshegofatso:Tell the police the truth.and when you do so.please leave my name out of it.

She said then hung up.Nkazi sat down buring his face in his hands.this thing was not as easy.how was he going to explain to his parents about his relation with Rele and why she burned Their daughters with Acid.

The same day.

Nthabiseng's friend frowned as she heard a loud knock on the door.she quickly tied her gown tightly then opened the door coming across Angry Nthabi.

Nthabiseng:After everything we did together?you betray me like this.

She said then pushed her friend inside before slapping her across the face.The friend touched her cheek and turned slapping Nthabiseng bath.Nthabi punched her on the face sending her down immediately.She got on top of her then punched her all over her face while she screamed.

Nthabiseng continued with the punched just as her friend regained her energy and flipped her around getting on top of her.

Nthabi:Get off me!!

She said as she received multiple slaps.the door opened and one of the friend's daughter walked in.she looked at the women fighting her mom then screams going straight to the kitchen before grabbing a pan.she went back to where the fight was.

Friend:Stop biting me ehh,why can't you fight like the women that you are.

Her child swinged the pan and it landed straight on Nthabiseng's forehead.Nthabi let go of her friend and her head started spinning around.she touched her nose as blood gushed out.her surroundings span and she passed out.

Her friend turned and looked at her daughter but she dropped the pan before running out.she turned to Nthabi who had passed out.she looked at the blood that had flowed from her nose.her heart skipped a bit as reality kicked in.she quickly rushed to the kitchen before taking ice cold water fridge and pouring it on her face.

Nthabiseng gasped waking up.she sat up freezing then looked at her friend.her friend sighed relieved then placed the jug down.

Nthabiseng:(Touched her forehead)What's going on?.
Friend:Get out of my house.

****

Mother in law furiously walked in Gasa's yard.she looked at the long que outside then clicked her tongue before stepping in his hut and to her surprise he was alone.

Gasa:(Smiled)Ahh Mamakhe.
Her:(Angry)You did this on purpose.
Gasa:Please relax and stop stressing it's not good for the baby.
Her:I'm going to get rid of this baby.
Gasa:My babies are not going anywhere.

He said changing his tone.She frowned surprise,he even knows there are many of them.

Gasa:Those are my blessings Mamakhe.dont worry you will be taken care off once the due dates ticks.
Her:I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but as we speak, your blessings are dying.
Gasa:Whatever you took won't work.
Her:We will see.
Gasa:You can go as far as shooting your self,you will die and they will survive.

****

Tshegofatso walked in the hospital later that day.She walked in straight to the Ward Nkazimulo had directed her to.She opened the door slightly before peeking through and to her relief there was no one.

She stepped inside.her heart broke as she looked at Khanyi's chest covered with bandages, going straight to her left breast.all this could've been avoided.she frowned tearfully as she angrily thought of Rele.now she was certain without feeling sorry,she had to go to jail.

Tshegofatso:I'm sorry Baby.

She said touching her hand.khanyi turned slowly waking up.she looked up, her heart pounded as she looked at Tshegofatso.she shook her head as tears filled her eyes.Tshego noticed her frightened expression as everything came back.

Tshegofatso:I'm sorry,it was not me.

Khanyi shook her head them moved her hand before pressing the emergency button.Tshego stepped back then turned and opened the door.she bumped into the nurse walking in.The two police who came earlier followed closing the door behind.

Nurse:(Looked at Tshegofatso)Who are you.
Tshegofatso:I...I'm her friend and..
Khanyi:(Gasped for air)She is the one ..the one who burned me with acid.
Tshego:(Shook her head)No No ,it's not me.it was my Twin.
Police:Looks like we got the statement we were looking for.
Tshegofatso:No,please I'm not the one who did it.
Nurse:But why did our patient press the emergency button.Please take her out.how did you even get here.

The police took out handcuffs before cuffing them around her wrists.

Police:Anything you do or say will be used against you in the court of law.
Tshegofatso:(Tearfully)No you are making a mistake.

The police pushed her outside just as Nkazimulo walked over with the parents.His heart skipped as he looked at Tshegofatso being pushed out.She turned and their eyes locked before they closed the door.S*it

They all stepped in her ward and the doctor was busy with her.

Mom:What's going on with that girl.
Nurse:Your daughter identified her as the one who burned her with acid.
Mom:That girl being pushed by the police.The police won't do anything to her.yeeer My child with acid.

She said then turned before rushing outside where the police cars usually park.hopefully they haven't left.