chapter 12.

OTHER HALF.

In the early hours of the morning,Barona parked his car he sighed then stepped out locking his car.he walked towards the door he turned the door knob to check if it was locked or what and to his surprise it was not.he got and the open fridge welcomed him.he closed before heading to the seating room where Onthatile was still sleeping.he stepped closer then shook her but she remained still.he shooked her again and this time around she slightly opened her eyes then closed them again.

Barona:Babe?.

Barona balanced her as he made her ait upright but she seemed to have none of it.he knew she was a deep sleeper but not like this.she looked so drunk.he layed her down again then went to the kitchen and came back with cold water.he sprinkled some on her face and she opened her eyes widely like she was confused before looking at him.you could swear she just woke up from a nightmare.

Onthatile:What's going on?.
Barona:I found you sleeping here.
Onthatile:I was waiting for you,Where are you coming from?
Barona:I will tell you everything once you've freshened up.right now you look tired and I know you won't believe anything I say.
Onthatile:Okay.i still need to sleep, I'm tired.what time is it?.
Barona:04:30.lets go to bed.

He took her hand and led her to their bedroom and he tucked her in bed before cuddling her from the back and they fell asleep instantly.

****
Later that morning,Khangelwa woke up to an empty bed.Not that she expected to wake up next to him like always but she felt like she needed a little sympathy from him since making him happy was one of the reasons she switched the babies.she got off bed then went to the tv room and there he was sleeping on the couch with his arm over his face.the thought of losing him and her heart pounding.but one thing she knew was she was never going to lose him she would rather take her last breath still fighting for their marriage.

She turned going to the kitchen then started making breakfast.

**
"I don't know I will see"Relebohile said to her friend over the phone.

Friend:Okay but please come.dont worry about money these guys have us covered so we are sorted.
Relebohile:Okay.let me .call you back.

She said then hung up.the door opened and Khangelwa walked in holding a tray of breakfast.rele looked at her mom in disbelief then smiled confused.

Khangelwa:morning.
Rele:Morning mama.that breakfast is not for me right?.
Khangelwa:(smiled sadly)it's for you my baby.
Rele:Okay.thanks.

Khangelwa handed her the plate then sat on the bed as she started eating.her eyes filled with tears as she looked at her daughter.knowing that she was about to lose her to another family hurt her so bad.she never imagined this day.Rele noticed her mother crying then put the tray aside.

Rele:Mom are you Okay?.
Khangelwa:(crying)I'm so sorry my baby.just know that everything that I have ever done was to make your father happy and give you the best life possible.just know that whatever happens you will always be my baby and I will always be your mom.i pray that you find it in your heart to forgive me.it was never my intention.
Relebohile:What are you talking about?.
Khangelwa:You will understand everything soon.eat your food.

She said then walked out.she placed the tray of breakfast for jamani on the table then walked out for a run.

****
Barona looked at Onthatile who was looking back at him waiting for him to talk.she sighed anxiously.

Onthatile:Please talk.
Barona:I don't even know where to start.

He said then sighed as he tried to find the right words to use.

Barona:(Sighed)Remember when I told you about the couple that was interested in one of the properties and that I will me meeting with them?.
Onthatile:Yes.
Barona:I met with then but the meeting couldn't go as planned because that guy's wife rushed out of my office after she asked me about Tshegofatso.you could swear that she was being chased by a ghost.i knew something was up with her right there then I decided to have one of my guys investigate her.what I'm about to tell you might seem shocking or anything but it's the truth,I my self didn't  believe it when I saw it.
Onthatile:Just say it.
Barona:Our twin is Alive.
Onthatile:Yes Tshegofatso is Alive and .....wait What?.
Barona:The twin we thought was dead,the one we thought we buried is Alive.turns out that we buried the wrong child.our child is Alive.
Onthatile:How?please stop with your games,it's not funny.this is not something to play about.
Barona:(sighed)Babe look at me.im serious.the women that acted weird in my office that day is the women who stole our twin and replaced her with her dead baby.This is what I was busy with yesterday.she was about to run off but luckily we found her at the airport with our child.

Onthatile coverd her mouth with her hands as tears filled her eyes.she felt her hands shaking as she looked at her husbands serious face.she stood up shaking her head in denial then covered her face with her hands as she broke down crying.all the pain she went through coming back again.Barona hugged her comforting her.

Onthatile:(Crying)Please stop...it's not funny,I'm still healing from her dearth and you bring it up like this.please stop.
Barona:I'm not lying.we will be meeting with them today.
Onthatile:(crying)No!

She continued crying as her mind took her back to yesterday when she slapped Tshegofatso.the disbelief she had on her face after the slap.her trying to explain but she was just too angry to listen.she didn't even try to call her ballet teacher to see if she was lying or what.

Onthatile:What will we say to Tshegofatso?.
Barona:We will try to explain to her.
Onthatile:I am not emotionally fit to do that.i feel like I'm dreaming.i don't believe you ,I'm still in denial.maybe i will believe you after seeing her.just....I don't know.
Barona:Okay.

Barona walked out dialing jamani's number.he answered.

Jamani:Hello?.
Barona:Hey.i just told my wife everything.can we all meet today and talk?.
Jamani:Yes.
Barona:Okay then.i will send you the location.
Jamani:(low voice)Okay.

He hung up.

****
Sticks looked at Jamani's number which he had on his phone.fighting the urge to call him.calling him now would make things suspicious.maybe after a Week he would then call.but one thing he knew was that he didn't have enough time.he really needed that money.he looked at the plastic which had a gun and knife on it then smiled impressed of himself.this was his meal ticket.
.
.
.