chapter 40.

OTHER HALF.

Rele:If the police come here looking for me please tell them I never left the house ,that I was here the whole day since from morning.
Khangelwa:Relebohile what did you do?
Rele:I can't tell you, please protect please.
Khangelwa:I can't help or protect you if you don't tell me what you did.
Rele:(Crying)I..i burned someone with acid,Nkazimulo's new girlfriend.

Khangelwa pushed her off her then slapped her across the face.she angrily looked at her in disbelief.was this child even aware how bad what she has done is.

Khangelwa:Are Crazy?Do you want to go to jail?.

Relebohile looked at Khangelwa, shock written all over her face,she had never even in her day slap her.it came in a surprise.more tears rolled at the possibility of getting jailed.

Rele:I am just hurt,I'm only human.was I supposed to move on and act okay.
Khangelwa:I can't deal with you.this is beyond my power.I am calling your parents.

She said then took out her phone.

Rele:Not that you can't deal with me.you just don't love me.you were able to give me away to people I don't even after full 16 years and cut all connections with me.
So Yes(Voice shook)You can call them so i get jailed and you will live the rest of your life with the guilt that you ruined my life.
Khangelwa:You don't get to act like a victim here.you are not one.Stop with these pity stories of yours and for once in your life grow up and live in the consequences of your actions.

Khangelwa Looked at her and her heart broke even more.lying to the police would be proof enough on how bad she would be in parenting.if only she knew she was doing all this because she loves her.She dialed Onthatile's number.

Onthatile:Hello?.
Khangelwa:Hey.I need you and your husband to come this side.Its about Rele.
Onthatile:(Heart skipped)What happened to her,is she Okay?.
Khangelwa:Please come.

She said then hung looking at Relebohile.she shook her head as she cried out loud.

Khangelwa:Can you please stop crying.
Rele:How when you want to send me away.You never loved me.
Khangelwa:Rele you need to take responsibility of your actions.Im doing all this because I love and care for you.
Rele:(Wiped her tears off)Then don't tell them what I did.Please.
Khangelwa:I'm sorry.
Rele:If you tell them I will also report you to the police for stealing me.

Khangelwa turned and looked at her.it was the audacity that got to here.this child must think this world is a easy place to play on.

Khangelwa:And let's see where you will go with that.

She said then locked the door and took the keys incase she attempts to run away.

****

Onthatile looked at Barona after the phone call.

Barona:What's wrong?you look like you've seen a ghost.
Onthatile:That was Khangelwa.she is saying we should go to her house.its about Relebohile.
Barona:What?.
Onthatile:I also don't know.i am so scared.
Barona:We have to Go now,what if something serious happened.please pack our bag then we go.
Onthatile:Okay.

****

Jasmine looked at Jamani who has fell asleep on the couch.she looked at him guilt stricken.he didn't deserve all the bad things that happened to him or those that are still coming.

She pulled the fleece off her then took her bag before she tiptoe.d out.she got in the car that was waiting for her outside and it drove off headed to the airport.

****

At the hospital, Nkazimulo moved around his mind all over the place.He knew Rele is the one who did all this but how was he going to tell his parents that his ex is the one who did this.she is not even an Ex but obviously everyone would look at it like that.

The doctor stepped out after 2 hours of being inside with no update.

Doctor:Khanyisile.

Nkazimulo stepped closer as he heard his little sister's name.The parents also stood up and looked at the doctor.

Doctor:I'm afraid I'm not bearing good news......

****

Around 07:00 am.Jamani woke up to his alarm ringing.he looked around and he was in the Tv room.he dozed off watching the movie he guessed.jasmine might have went to bed.

He stood up and yawned feeling tired.he went to the bathroom then took a leak before turning going straight to his bedroom.the bed was empty and didn't look like anyone slept there.she must've slept at the other room.

He turned then faced the direction of the other room before knocking.there was silence so he opened the door slightly and it was also empty.her bags weren't even there.he went back to the TV room then looked around, still her bags weren't there.he chuckled in disbelief,so she just wanted a place to lay her head for a night then go.maybe she was at her boyfriends house.a simple goodbye would've been appreciated.

His phone pinged as a notification rolled in.he opened it and it was a text from Jasmine.

"I'm sorry ,I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me. They got to me first.i had no choice."

He read the text again confused then dialed her number but it took his straight to voicemail.

There was a  rough knock on the door.he turned about to open but the door got kicked down and police came rushing in.Tiger angrily looked at them ,one if them rushed over to him,turned his face and he came in contact with the wall and he took took out the handcuffs.

Police officer:Thami khumalo you are under arrest for the murder of your friend Sticks.anything you do or say will be used against you in the court of law.you have a right to call your lawyer if you don't have the state will provide one for you.

He said then pulled him out side.The other police officer smiled at him then stepped closer.

Him:I have been praying for this day.

He said and they shoved him in the police van roughly as Jasmines message made sense.he closed his eyes as he felt stupid.he should've known.she was really her mother's child.