0.8 - i burned it

Yui Fujimura was as beautiful as the flowers she grew.

She fit perfectly in the cosy florist. The town's residents knew her as the sweet teenager that was always busy creating beautiful bouquets that they could give to their loved ones.

Yet, despite her exceptionally kind and welcoming service, all of their customers had one collective complaint about her.

Yui Fujimura seemed lonely.

Despite the love she spread everyday, the love never seemed to quite come back to her to the same extent.

So, when Masami Fujimura spotted a young male come into the store holding a bouquet of peonies, demanding he see Yui, she grew all the more curious.

She'd told him to wait as Yui was coming back and he ended up sitting on a stool near the counter, awkwardly holding the bouquet.

Masami eyed the boy carefully, noticing his impatience.

The peonies weren't healthy, per say, they were slightly wilting despite the boy's effort to put it into a vase of water. His oversized hoodie hung off his built shoulders, the boy's eyes darting around the room as if discreetly observing the flowers that were displayed on the shelves.

The front door's fairy-like bells rang out in the serene atmosphere, catching both of their attentions as Yui walked into the store. She wore an oversized sweater and a skirt, her eyes and nose chaffed red. Bags of groceries were in her arms as she attempted to close the door with her sneakers.

"Mum, if Mr Yagi or Izuku come here, send them home. They're not welcom–" Yui paused as she caught sight of the male sitting at the counter. "Bakugou?"

Masami was tempted to sit back and watch what occurred between the two, but sensing Yui's uneasiness, she circled around the counter.

"This young man said he needed to give you something." Masami said, an underlying suggestiveness to her tone.

Yui stared at the blond boy in pure horror, before stepping back and opening the front door.

"Let's talk outside," she demanded, watching as Bakugou hopped off from the stool and dragged his feet out the door. "I'll be back, Mum."

"Don't stay out too late." She teased, Yui cringing as she slammed the door behind her.

She whipped her head around to Bakugou who had an evident scowl on his face, the boy storming up to her and shoving the peonies into her arms.

"Take your ugly ass flowers back," he hissed, glaring at the sweet-looking girl. "How fucking dare you give me flowers that were for Deku."

She scoffed, her fingers unconsciously healing the wilting petals until the flowers looked freshly picked.

"Hey, don't call them ugly because of your incompetence. Besides, I didn't give them to you," she retorted, eyeing him from head to toe before she looked back up at him. "I left them with you. And to be frank, you didn't need to give them back to me if you were just going to be weird about it. I'm surprised you didn't just bin it."

Bakugou shoved his hands into his pockets, about to leave until she grabbed the back of his hoodie. He snarled his teeth at her, glaring at her as if silently demanding her to let go of him.

"Where's the card I put on this?" Yui asked.

"I burned it." He rolled his eyes, "That shit was corny anyways."

She exhaled carefully, trying not to get absolutely furious with him.

Never in her life had she ever felt the urge to beat someone to a pulp.

"Why did you read my card?! That's private." She complained, letting go of his hoodie. "Geez, I bet you burned it out of spite. Did poor Kaachan think the flowers were for him?"

Bakugou scoffed. "Fuck no."

In all honesty, he had thought it was for him at first.

His egoistic self had thought that the stupid girl was too nervous to give it to him and had run away before he could say anything. But after he opened the card and found that it in fact wasn't for him, but probably some stupid mistake, he was tempted to explode the flowers.

Not because he liked her or anything, but because someone like Izuku Midoriya could receive flowers from a girl but not him.

"Look, just stay away from me." She demanded, walking up the stone steps leading to the front door. "And if you get into U.A. with Izuku, stay away from him too."

Bakugou silently stared as she shoved her way into the florist.

Turning around to make his way home, he fidgeted with something in his hoodie pocket.

Pulling it out, he stopped in the middle of the walkway as he held a dainty card between his fingers. The front of the card had 'Deku' written in neat handwriting.

He flipped the card open, gazing at the small message:

'Good luck!

Just believe in yourself and you too can become a hero!

<3 Yui'

A small, goofy sketch of All Might was drawn on the bottom, making him purse his lips.

Burning jealousy raged within the fiery boy as he shoved the note back into his pocket.

Stupid Deku.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Yui's Plethora of Flower Knowledge:

peonies (pink): romantic love, bashfulness.