16. Red Sweater

As I clock out and get home, I am rummaging around in the closet for a warm sweater

As I clock out and get home, I am rummaging around in the closet for a warm sweater. Finding the two I haven't pulled out in years, I hope they still fit us. With a sniff I can tell they smell like they just been washed still and take off my blouse trading it for the sweater.

It is a red sweater that at the very bottom has just a the slightest hint of green trim, same for Chrissy's sweater. We have not worn these in years because it was tradition to wear it on this night during this time of year and through the holiday season.

Mine still shockingly fits and I laugh because the only thing that has changed since a teen is the fact I somehow grew a bit of breasts finally. I throw my hair up into a lazy ponytail with a few strands hanging on the side of my face before I make my way to Chrissy's room where she was when I got home.

Many people don't understand the struggle she goes through daily. She looks completely normal and has full functions of her hands and arms. It is just her lower spine down she can't move that is paralyzed. Along with the head trauma injured her speech area the most and it has never recovered, which the therapy was supposed to help but the therapist she had didn't even try seems like.

As where I walked away from the wreck with only scars once healed. I have a couple scars that do trail over my body but I tend to forget about them because to me it is really irrevelant.

"Chrissy?" I knock and slowly open the door but she doesn't call out 'No' so I stick my head in to see her smiling.

"I got a surprise for you." I smile wide and then open the door fully and show her my outfit.

Her smile was already so lovely but now it is blinding as her eyes even sparkle. Holding out her shirt, "I wonder if this will still fit or not? I hope you don't mind but I made plans for us to go out and enjoy the first day of Christmas festivities in town just like we used to and see the light show. Although I also have a guest coming with us."

"Nicolas?" Chrissy smirks.

"I hope you don't mind." I nod.

"Happy for you." Chrissy stutters and breaths a little heavy with her brows furrowed but it makes me smile so wide when she can form a statement and it comes out right even if she fights with herself.

"Thank you Sis." I walk over and hug her tight.

She takes the sweater and I walk to the door keeping my back to her until I feel the shirt she had on slap my back before it hits the floor. I laugh and pick it up putting it in her hamper to see her sweater still fits too.

We come out of Chrissy's bedroom and Dad is walking into the living room from the direction he is going makes him pass the hallway.

"What are you two up too?" Dad leans his head back to look at the two of us hard.

Dad has always been the more reasonable parent out of our parents but he wasn't the happiest about everything that happened either and hasn't been much for Christmas. Most of the time I wonder if it is because he tends to just work to much.