Thirty one

In a world consumed by materialism and societal expectations, Daniyal found himself yearning for a love that transcended wealth and status. He had been born into a life of opulence, surrounded by the luxuries that money could buy. Despite his father being an abusive drunk. He had a sharp mind for business and had made Sikander enterprises from scratch. Deep down, Daniyal desired a love that saw beyond his riches and embraced him for the person he truly was.

When he first met Rabail, he felt an instant connection, a spark that ignited a flame within his heart. There was something about her genuine nature and compassionate soul that captivated him. He wanted to be loved for the qualities that defined him as an individual, not for the wealth that accompanied his name.

Determined to forge a genuine connection with Rabail, Daniyal made a conscious decision to conceal his wealth. He wanted to create a level playing field to ensure that their love would be built on trust, sincerity, and shared values rather than material possessions. He lived a modest lifestyle, choosing to immerse himself in experiences that highlighted his true passions and character rather than showcasing his financial stature. Through their conversations and shared moments, Daniyal focused on what truly mattered—understanding Rabail's dreams, supporting her aspirations, and being the pillar of strength she could rely on. As their relationship blossomed, Rabail fell deeply in love with Daniyal, unaware of the riches he possessed. She cherished the moments they spent together, the laughter they shared, and the support he offered. It was a love based on authenticity and mutual admiration, a love that transcended the boundaries set by societal norms.

Daniyal took Rabail out to the lawn to clear the air of the news of his wealth between them as they sat under the starry night sky, Rabail looked at Daniyal with a glimmer of curiosity in her eyes. "Daniyal, you've always been so humble and down-to-earth. I've never seen you flaunt your wealth or indulge in extravagant luxuries. What is it that makes you so different? It was a shock for me to find out that you were a business tycoon."

Daniyal took a deep breath, his heart filled with both fear and hope. He knew the time had come to reveal the truth, to share his world with the woman he loved. With trembling hands, he reached for Rabail's, locking his gaze with hers.

"Rabail, the truth is that I have concealed my wealth from you. I wanted our love to be based on something far more meaningful than material possessions. I wanted to be loved for who I am as a person, not for the riches I possess. My father was a drunk, and when he lost his senses, he used to hit me as though I was not his own child but a random loser from the streets. I never wanted a love based on material in my entire life. Every time a woman knew of my riches and status, she always yearned for branded clothes, jewellery, and exotic trips, but not me. So when I met you, I decided I was going to be just me. To see if you truly love me and not my money. Rabail, you're one of a kind."

Rabail's eyes widened, a mixture of surprise and curiosity reflecting in their depths. "Daniyal, I fell in love with you because of the person you are—the kindness in your heart, the compassion in your actions. The depth of our connection goes beyond materialistic measures. Your wealth or lack thereof does not define the love I feel for you."

Tears welled up in Daniyal's eyes, overwhelmed by Rabail's acceptance and understanding. In that moment, he realized that his decision to conceal his wealth had been the right one. Their love had flourished, untouched by the barriers that wealth often imposed.

Back in the Chaudhary house, Harris felt the silence around him eat him up. With Waliya and Sairah gone to Begum Haneen's house, he was left all alone in his thoughts. The longing for connection led him to pick up his phone and dial Saleem's number, eager to check up on his childhood friend and his family in the USA. As Saleem's familiar voice resonated through the phone, Harris couldn't help but smile. "Saleem, my brother, it's been too long," he greeted warmly.