Fifty Six

When Harris rushed home after his hospital visit, he was greeted by a scene that sent his heart racing with fear. Only Waliya and Sairah were present, with Noor nowhere to be seen.

"Where's Noor? Is she okay?" Harris asked frantically, his voice laced with worry.

"Relax, beta," Waliya reassured him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. "She's at the hospital. Mrs. Mehnaz asked if she could help take care of Zaviyaar until he recovered, and Noor agreed to stay there for a few days."

Harris felt a wave of relief wash over him at the news, but his concern for his daughter lingered. "Did anyone ask Noor if she was okay with it?" he inquired, his brow furrowed with worry.

Sairah nodded, stepping forward to offer reassurance. "Yes, of course, we did," she confirmed. "Noor said she had no problems staying at the hospital to help out."

Harris let out a sigh of relief, grateful that Noor was safe and willing to lend a helping hand. Though his heart still ached with worry, he knew that Noor was in good hands and that she would return home to them soon.

"Zaviyaar," Noor whispered in his ear. "Wake up, you need to take your medicines." Her fingers gently stroked his dark strands. He was so handsome, she thought, and he was her husband.

"Hmmm," murmured Zaviyaar. "I don't want to take these medicines." He was just teasing her. He couldn't bear to see the worry in her eyes and wanted to lighten the mood.

"Zaviyaar Ibrahim Khan! You need to take your medicines right now! Or else I won't talk to you, and I won't even stay by your side." Noor's eyes flashed with the same spark he had fallen in love with.

"Really? I don't think you can live without me, little woman. If you kiss me, I promise to take them on time," Zaviyaar smirked.

Noor blushed, her cheeks turning a bright red. "I can't," she whispered, her voice catching in her throat.

"You can't? Or you won't?" Zaviyaar challenged, his eyes twinkling mischievously.

Noor hesitated, her heart racing. She leaned closer, her lips inches from his. "Maybe I will... if you promise to be a good patient."

Zaviyaar's smirk softened into a genuine smile. "I promise," he said, his voice tender. "Now, about that kiss..."

Noor closed the gap, her lips meeting his in a gentle kiss. When she pulled back, she held out the medicine. "Now, be a good patient and take these."

Zaviyaar took the medicine, still smiling. "Anything for you, my love."

Noor sighed in relief, her heart swelling with love. "Thank you, Zaviyaar. You know I just want you to get better."

"I know," he replied, pulling her into his arms. "And I will, for you."

Mehnaz and Ibrahim had gone home since Zaviyaar was being taken care of by Noor.

"Ibrahim, it's good that Noor is with Zaviyaar. After all, she's a servant, and that's her job. To take care of people in their need," Mehnaz said dismissively as she set down her bag.

"Mehnaz, can you just stop? I'm sick and tired of hearing you degrade that girl. She's not a servant. She's Harris's daughter. Daniyal told me the DNA test proved that. She's already been through so much, so can you please stop," Ibrahim replied, his voice strained with frustration.

"Oh, so now she's cast her spell on you too!" Mehnaz shouted, her face reddening with anger. "First Zaviyaar, and now you. She's manipulating all of you!"

Before Ibrahim could respond, Zenia and Daadi came rushing down the stairs after hearing the commotion.

"What's going on, Daadi? Why are Mama and Baba screaming?" little Zenia asked, her eyes wide with worry.