Fifty Seven

Arham was furious. How did she know? He couldn't believe it! He had to do something else. Just as he was about to lose his mind, he saw Zaviyaar's parents enter the hospital, arguing.

"Today, I am going to tell that girl to leave him alone. I can take care of him from here," Mehnaz fumed. She hated Noor and wanted to get rid of her.

"Mehnaz, we've been over this. Firstly, she's not a maid, and secondly, she's been taking such good care of Zaviyaar. Just a few more weeks. The doctors said we can't stress him out. He thinks she's his wife! That means he has some mental issues, and his condition is delicate," Ibrahim said, trying to calm his wife down.

"We shall see," Mehnaz retorted, her eyes blazing with determination.

Arham watched the scene unfold with a glimmer of hope. Perhaps he could use Mehnaz's animosity towards Noor to his advantage. As he followed them, he knew he needed to act quickly and decisively.

On the other hand, Daniyal and Rabail had gone to meet Harris Bhai, who had heard about the incident with Khalifa at the hospital.

"I'm proud of my daughter, Daniyal. She used her intelligence and finally put that filthy scum where he belongs. I went to see her after the incident, and she was so brave and calm. I am just waiting for Zaviyaar to recover completely so I can finally get my whole family together and celebrate Noor-ul-Ain. You know, she's so much like her mother. I feel like Allah has given me back Maryam in the form of my daughter," Harris said, tears glistening in his eyes.

"Truly, Uncle. I wish I have a beautiful daughter just like Noor. Even when she was at our house as Daadi's caretaker, she was always so sweet. I still haven't told Mama and Baba the good news, but now that Zavi is recovering, Alhumdulillah, I shall tell them that they are going to be grandparents," Rabail said, her face glowing with happiness.

"Yeah. I know firsthand what you've been through, Harris Bhai, and I don't wish this fate upon anybody. I'm glad Noor is home. We will go check on Zaviyaar and Noor soon," Daniyal said, his voice filled with empathy.

"Let's hope Zaviyaar gets discharged soon so my Noor can come back home. She's too kind to be taking care of him. I worry she's doing it out of some sense of obligation, but she told me not to worry," Harris smiled, though concern lingered in his eyes.

Rabail, sensing the moment, added, "Uncle, Noor's kindness and strength are rare qualities. I hope my brother finds a wife just like her one day. Someone who is compassionate, brave, and selfless."

Harris's smile widened, and his eyes sparkled with gratitude. "Insha'Allah, Rabail. Your brother would be very lucky to have someone like Noor in his life. She truly is a gem."

"Okay, okay, enough of the mushy talk! Let's eat," Daniyal said with a grin.

"We'll have to order in," Harris replied. "Mama and Amma Jee (Waliya and Sairah) aren't home. They went to give Haneen Aunty some company. And I didn't make anything."

Rabail laughed, "Looks like it's takeout tonight! Any preferences?"

Daniyal chuckled, "I'm fine with anything as long as it's food. Let's just enjoy a meal together and celebrate the little victories."

Harris nodded, "Sounds like a plan."

"Doctor, when can we take Zaviyaar back home? I miss my son. The house feels so empty without him," Mehnaz said, her voice tinged with concern.

"He can be discharged if you want, but he still needs to be looked after closely in case there are any changes. That girl Noor, she's been really good with him," the doctor replied.

"She's our maid," Mehnaz replied curtly, her face hardening.

The doctor raised an eyebrow but said nothing, sensing the tension. "Regardless, she has been doing an excellent job. Zaviyaar needs a familiar and caring presence right now."