Page 9

PLAYLIST ⚘
Glimpse of us
              [Joji]
       ━━━━━━━━━━━━♫⋆━━━━━━━━━━━

Yeonjun woke up with a gross headache. His neck felt sore. Yeonjun sniffed at the unfamiliar smell from the room.He inhaled levanter air freshener as his nostrils bloomed. He was definitely somewhere in unknown. Yeonjun struggled to open his dreamy eyes .

where am I? His voice cracked.

The room was small but spacious. The curtains were pulled not allowing much sunlight. A gaming PC Infront of the bed . Yeonjun didn't turn left or right as his neck ached. The view was from his straight opposite vision. Yeonjun slowly moved his neck to search for his phone and thankfully it was right beside him.

10:17 am.

FUCK!

He unlocked his phone already aware what's going to pop up on his screen at the very first sight.

57 messages. 32 missed calls.
Maria.

I fucked up again. He grumbled .

Yeonjun immediately called the girl back .

Enough of scuffling and lastly what he left to say was -
"I'll explain after coming home ."
From where he don't know.

The last thing Yeonjun remember is admiring Soobin's eyes while sipping into his soju.

He doesn't remember a single word but just the sacred view. How gentle and majestic the blonde looked in the moonlight. How intimidating Soobin's bare face was.
Yeonjun's vision gets blurry at the thought of how he still admires his best friend the way he used to do. Why can't I get him out of my mind when he was merely just a friend. Yeonjun's heart ached at the sudden emotion which appeared again,once again.

"Uncle are your awake." A cute voice echoed through outside of this room and the next second he saw the owner of that voice .

A cute little girl with two braids. Wearing a purple color frock designed with some white flowers. She looked around 5-6 . And another small boy in his walker playing outside the room .

"Uncle sleeps so much ." The kid whined cutely.

"Who are you and where am I?" Yeonjun asked with his gentle smile.

"I'm Nabi and you're um.. you're at our home." Her eyes brightened.

"Our home? Can you be more specific dear?"
Yeonjun was rather more confused then ever . He felt the urge to drink a hangover drink.

"Papa's home. You are so dumb aish. Choi Soobin's house." She said loudly and her pout remained as a sign of whine.

"You're his daughter? Where's Soobin? And your mother?" Yeonjun felt so unwelcomed like ever. There could be no way this girl was Soobin's daughter. How could she be of this age ? Yeonjun felt dizzy and wanted to throw up . Yeonjun felt so dumb and stupid.

"Aaaa uncle you're too noisy. You ask many questions. Hush ." She scolded Yeonjun and ran away from the room.

"Hey hey kid wait. "Yeonjun couldn't even ran after her. Let alone ran he couldn't just get off the bed .

Just a minute passed when a grandma figured woman entered Yeonjun's room with a tray filled with fruits,bread and juice which Yeonjun assumed as breakfast.

"Oh you woke up boy? Here's your breakfast. I'm placing it on the side table. Have it full." The lady chuckled.

"Is Soobin home?" Yeonjun asked overlooking the breakfast filled tray.

"He went for work and told me to serve you breakfast."Holding the same smile on her face.

"Do you know how did I ended up at his house?"

"Sorry son but I just come here every morning and leave at night. I've no idea." She embarrassingly chuckled staring at the floor.

"Oh alright but Soobin's wife? Where is she?"

"When did Soobin got married?" The lady stared in shock.

"He didn't?" Yeonjun sounded more astounded.

"No . He is just a young man." The lady chuckled noisily.

"Then where are the kids from?" Yeonjun outraged widening his eyes.

"Oh the kids? They are his cousin sisters daughter and son. She will be taking them to USA soon but due to invalidation of visa it's taking some time but they'll be coming next week and that's why Soobin is very sad as they were his only companions in this vast city ." The lady sighed with a long face as her voice dripped concern for the blonde.

"Oh." That was all Yeonjun could proceed. This is what exactly happens when people are in lack of communication.

"Well I should be leaving ." Yeonjun waved goodbye to everyone at Soobin's house and rushed to his apartment just to see Maria with immense annoyance from his behavior.

"I can explain."

"Fuck explanation Yeonjun. Why do you have to explain in the first place?" She blustered.

"I was at a friend's." Yeonjun looked at her with a pitiful face

"Friend? So you made friends here as well? And wow that you left your girlfriend for your friends consecutively two nights." She clapped to praise Yeonjun's behavior to explain the effect it had on her.

"Maria day before yesterday I wasn't with anyone so please. And why don't you just let me live for myself." Yeonjun bristled.

"Don't I give the whole damn day. Can't you just spare the night for me? Or you don't love me anymore ?" Maria's enraged voice fell into a almost whimpering one .

Did I ever even loved her?

"I'm sorry but Maria everyone needs their space and I hope you'll understand." And the brunette directly walked to his room,took clothes and went to shower.

When Yeonjun came out Maria wasn't home. She went to her workplace. Yeonjun assumed and that made him kinda relaxed. It was already late so Yeonjun thought of taking a day off and sleep instead.

       ━━━━━━━━━━━━♫⋆━━━━━━━━━━━

[930 words]