Page 13

PLAYLIST ⚘
Happiness is a butterfly
                           [Lana del Rey]

     ━━━━━━━━━━━━♫⋆━━━━━━━━━━━

4 years earlier ~

Soobin was walking through the school playground. He was sad because his team lost the football match.
Rejecting his friends proposal to hangout he choose himself a walk instead.
The school's departure time ended hours ago. Soobin and his team mates with other boys stayed for the match which they couldn't win.
With a disappointed face Soobin was roaming in the playground when he witnessed someone behind the bushes.
When Soobin took two steps closer he noticed it was a boy wearing school uniform.
He was sitting on the ground.

Due to curiosity Soobin couldn't ignore the boy even if he wanted to.

Soobin walked closer and yanking the object from the boy's hand was the first thing Soobin did after coming in exact eye to eye.

The other boy flinched at the certain action and looked at Soobin with an empty face.
He was drawing cuts on his wrist.
And this is what Soobin hated the most in his life. Self harm. Even if how much hard the life is Soobin never supports this shitty activity.

"What the Hell are you doing?!?" Soobin outraged glaring at the boy with death gaze.

"I'm..I'm .jj..just trying to feel good." He murmured looking everywhere but Soobin.

"Like this? You insane or what? You're just committing atrocity against yourself." Soobin was still looking at the boy with much belligerent gaze.

"It's okay don't be so serious about it. I'm just fine." The boy gave a look of assurance with a smile which faded with in a second.

"Hey you do you think..." Soobin looked at his batch Class III . So he's a year senior then Soobin. Soobin blot out if he finds out that Soobin is his junior but gladly he was in his sports fit so the boy wouldn't know. At least for now.

Soobin noticed blood strains brimming from his wrist. The droplets painted the grass as well .

"Geez let's go the nurse room." Soobin panicked.

"I'll fix it by myself."

"You won't...." without delaying Soobin pulled the boy's hand and made him stand. Soobin was shocked at how light he was that Soobin didn't even had to push force.

"Where are you taking..."

"Shut up and let's just go ."

Soobin ended up in the nurse room with the boy but found the room empty. He checked his watch and remembered that the nurse lefts at 5:00pm. And it's already more then that .

"You sit here." Soobin made the older boy seat on the bed.

He knew where exactly the first aid kits are kept as he gets often injured for sporting.
Soobin took it out with in a minute.

He gently cleaned the blood from the boy's wrist to his elbow as the blood spread his whole hand.

"Shit! it looks so atrocious." Soobin mumbled staring at the wounds with full of despair in his eyes.

"What to do next ?" Soobin bewildered as he looked at the depth of the wounds.

He took out some ointment and applied gently on the boy's raw wounds. Waiting two minutes he then stuck bandages on the older's wrist.

All the time Soobin was treating his wounds he kept blowing on the wounds Incase it would ease the pain.

And the meantime Yeonjun just kept looking at the innocent boy cutely blowing at his wounds which graced a cute pout on that latter's lips.

He didn't hissed in pain neither moved a bit just letting the boy do everything.
No one ever did this to Yeonjun with so much care. No one ever put bandages on his bruises.
He could see world of affection and care in the stranger's eyes .
He was bemused at the other boy's actions but he let the boy fix his wounds.

After completing the work Soobin finally looked at the latter.
"Look how you are staring." Soobin scoffed.
The boy he just put bandages on was still looking at him after the statement. He saw how beautiful the boy was. How his empty eyes were sparkling. His thick lips were pink.
He had hairs matted down to his forehead.
His fluffy cheeks looks so squishy.
A pure soul .
He just looked like an angel.
How beautiful he was .
How mesmerizing he looked even with deep scars in his eyes.

Soobin's heart fluttered as he squirmed under the older's gaze.
Why would he felt something like that towards a guy. It was a bizarre feeling for him.

"Why did you treat my wounds?"Yeonjun asked grimace in his face.

"Because you looked pathetic and helpless."

"Oh."

"Your uniform is stained. Do u want to change into mine? I'm wearing sports uniform so I've mine in bag ." Soobin offered decently but Yeonjun denied "I'll just wash up after going home."

"What's your name by the way?" Soobin asked after exchanging some more unfamiliar glances with the older.

"Yeonjun and yours?"

"Soobin."

      ━━━━━━━━━━━━♫⋆━━━━━━━━━━━

[816 words]
{Some chapters from now will be flashbacks}