01

10 years ago

10 years ago

"Lek! Coming your way!" My twin sister shouted from the other side of the garden as I turned around. I suddenly see the ball approaching me as fast speed and duck just as it was about to hit me, instead falling down straight into the pile of mud

"Really Layah" I retorted back still on the ground while squinting my eyes at her in disapproval. She giggled slightly before running off as I stood up grabbing the ball read to chase her down for revenge. 

As I ran across the yard, I threw it back and this time, it hit her right in the arm. She dramatically fell to the ground groaning as if i just beat her up with the ball. 

Just as I was about to say some sort of remark, the red bell rung across the palace. Both of our faces slowly dropped from laughter to seriousness.

Papa always told us that when the red bell rings loudly, something bad was about to happen and we all prepared for it. He made sure we knew what the sound was.

Suddenly, one of our favorite helpers Julie came rushing towards us.

"Young master, miss. We need to head inside right now! She said gathering us and we followed her. She took us both to our room which we also connected from the inside and shut the door before she left.

I moved to sit on the bed staring at the wall blankly waiting for whatever news was to come.

A couple seconds later, Layah opened our connected door and walked towards where i was sitting and plopped beside me. She turned her head to look at me.

"I'm scared Lek" She said in a low voice.

"I know. Me too" I replied back attempting to comfort her which failed miserably. I just hugged her as we both sat and could do nothing but hear the chaos unfold all around the palace.

We sat their waiting for what seemed like our before we head someone's footsteps at our door. Both of our heads simultaneously turned as the door opened.

Papa emerged from the other side and it seemed like he had just been ran over by a bus.

"мои драгоценности" Papa said while he opened his arms. Both of us immediately got off the bed and ran to his arms.

(My preciouses)

"Papa, what happened the red bell rang" Layah asked and he immediately carried us back to the bed.

"You guys both know that дедушка was getting old. His time came and the angel took him away from this earth" Papa explains.

(Grandpa)

"So дедушка is gone?" I ask trying to clarify. 

"Yes" He replies and Layah starts sniffling. I don't know how to feel. I stay quite feeling quite sad.