35

"NEXT" I yelled out in frustration while leaning back in my chair

"NEXT" I yelled out in frustration while leaning back in my chair. This was the ninth woman of high status they brought out.

After my coronation, the council insisted that it was time for me to get a wife. According to them, "You can never fully rule without a queen by your side". I almost scoffed at it but knowing that I eventually needed an heir and not when I was thirty-something, I decided why not.

Father always said that marriages were never about love, simply just business. That's how he was with mother. While they both displayed public affection in order to keep a front for the public, they avoided each other like a plague.

As a child, I have blurred memories of them laughing together and showing affection in private. It only lasted a couple of months though, before the palace turned cold and dark. Then Sara or Grace entered the picture.

That was the last time I saw my mother and, Father died to me that day as well.

"Your Majesty" My courtier Pavlos calls out snapping me out of my daze. I look up and see another woman seated in front of me.

"This is Governor General Raid's daughter. She is nineteen years old." Pavlos introduces. I looked up at the woman and was quite surprised. The first thing she did was glare at me with hate.

That's a first.

"Coutier Palvos, you may leave. I would like to talk to the Lady" I request and he immediately nods respectfully before exiting the room.

"Your name?" I ask coldly. She looks at me and scoffs. Apparently, my mere presence annoys her.

I extended my hand to open the file that was placed in front of me with all the candidates.

"Iriye Azan" I hum out while looking back up at her. She looked absolutely beautiful. Her dark skin that complexed beautifully with her unique caramel eyes. Her RBF looked hot on her.

I want to test the waters.

"Iriye, why do you want to marry me?" I asked with a slight smirk. That immediately caught her attention and her glare turned into rage.

"YOU THINK I WANT TO MARRY YOU?!" She said while standing up. As much as I enjoyed her attitude, I could not have her thinking that she could just walk all over me.

"Is this how you speak with A King?" I said in a dark tone.

"Sit down" I ordered and she realized her mistake before sitting down gracefully.

"Apologize" I ordered again.

"Absolutely Not!" I guess she is back to standing.

I leaned back in my chair this time, not saying a word but giving her a hard stare. After a couple of seconds, she sat back down.

'What a mouth you have on you" I tutted at her. I could see her fists clench as she closed her eyes before opening them again.

"Where are you from?" I asked her.