29

"Well, Good Morning" A loud voice spoke causing the both of us to turn around

"Well, Good Morning" A loud voice spoke causing the both of us to turn around. I looked back and saw Alex walking into the kitchen with a wide smile.

"Good Morning" I greeted back. Aleksei just nodded at his father before focusing back on the food.

He insisted on feeding me again so I just sat there as he picked up another piece and practically shoved it down my throat.

I'm pretty sure my defeated expression and weak smile gave the situation away as I could hear the deep chuckling of my father-in-law, seemingly very amused by the situation at hand.

"You guys are up early. I thought the palace would be silent still" He comments.

"Same!" Another voice speaks and I snap my head startled at it. Dane comes out of nowhere with a pancake in his hand, more specifically, the one Aleksei made for me.

I could see his eyes glaring daggers at Dante who is too clueless to care, it's almost entertaining how someone can be that happy and joyous for no apparent reason.

"Why are you guys here?" Aleksei asks in a gruff and annoyed tone. Alex raises a brow at his son.

"So you don't want us here? What happened to you" He questions.

"Nothing."

"So what's with the tone and attitude" Alex pushes again.

"Did you just come here to bother us?" Aleksei asks flipping the question on his father.

"Indeed we did. You are our only source of entertainment" Dante replied with a laugh causing both Alex and I to chuckle slightly.

His glare was focused back on his best friend before Dante came back to the dining table to sit with a glass of water.

He didn't need words to know that Aleksei was cursing him out in every language while using various colorful words.

"Okay but on a serious note, you're needed in parliament. Some of the advisors have questions about your disappearance and I cannot hold off much longer. There have also been some running issues that need to be solved" Dante explains.

His expression goes cold and he harshly feeds me the last bite before standing up from the chair. Only when he stood up did I notice his eyes were black again?

"Prepare the car. We will head to the parliament in two minutes" He ordered. Dantes' expression suddenly changed as all traces of playfulness disappeared.

"Right away My King"

As Aleksei left the room, Dante got out his cell phone and made a quick call. Once he was off he left the room without glancing at the two of us.

Alexander casually sipped on his coffee while looking at the scene.

It looked like something normal to him.