23

It felt like months of hiding away in this penthouse as I basically did nothing

The only good thing that came out of this was the fact that I had more time to do research on my papers and expand my knowledge on medicine and medical approved drugs.

I sat down at the dining table as I carefully poured milk into my bowl of cereal. My phone was just lying there staring back at me acting like it wasn't my savior through all of this.

8 days and 13 hours in counting.

I lost track of minutes on the first day.

As I continued taking spoonfuls of my cereal I heard the rattle of keys towards the door and stared at it boredly.

Every two days, Dante sends a maid from the palace to help out with anything. I don't usually need anything but I keep her around for company and rant out to the poor girl for more than 2 hours because my usual shy and preserved self was gone once I was forced into self isolation.

The poor girl by the name Cora would awkwards let me rant my heart out as she pretended to listen.

I could tell by her constant state that these times were the worst of her life.

"Cora. In here!" I called out but got no response. my eyebrows furrowed as I stood up and walked towards the door only to see Dante taking off his dress shoes.

"Dante?" I questioned in surprise.

"Yeah. I'm here! Sorry everything has been very hectic and I couldn't do much. But I sent one of the maids over" He replied as he put his shoes on the rack and casually started walking. I grunted a reply and went back to the kitchen to finish my bowl.

"What have you been up to?" He asked, almost like he was concerned.

"I don't know. Maybe worrying about my family and not getting any updates" I mumbled sarcastically before taking a bite.

"Look there's a lot going on and I apologize for leaving you in the dark but all I can say right now is that there are many issues that came up even after all the rumors, that's why you've been left in the dark" He replied and I just nodded absentmindedly.

"So what's your excuse for Aleksei not picking up his phone?" I questioned and he turned to me in surprise before mocking.

"Awe do you miss your hubby? Is that what this attitude is about" He teased while laughing, causing me to glare at him.

"He's my husband. I can worry about him" I replied honestly and this time he blinked at me in utter shock.

"What?" I asked. But he looked away.

"This was not supposed to happen. '' He said while looking down at the dining table.

"What was not supposed to happen?" I asked. He looked up at me and this time his expression was one of pity.