24

"It is no one, just a business partner" He replies

"It is no one, just a business partner" He replies. I give him a blank stare as he looks back at me.

"If it is only a business partner then why don't I know about her?" I ask.

"What is it? Do you want to meet her?" He asks in a sarcastic tone .

"Actually, I do" I reply and his once lively expression immediately died down into one of surprise.

"Uhh okay sure" He said hesitantly as he pressed the bell beside him and spoke.

"Inform Princess Astrid that I requested her presence in my office" He ordered and then clicked the intercom again, shutting it down.

I sat down and crossed my arms over my chest as I waited for her arrival.

I clearly didn't have to wait too long because she came strutting inside without even knocking.

"I knew you couldn't resist me.'' She said, trying to put on a seductive tone as she approached him shamelessly walking extremely close to him. Before she could go any more closer Aleksei pointed towards the opposite side in front of his desk.

"Stand in front of me. I called you here for a reason" He ordered.

"Of course. Anything for you" She complied while purposefully swaying her hips. I was sitting on the far end of the room so unless someone looked that fall it was unlikely they actually realized my presence.

"Princess Asrid, this is my wife Lydia" he said while motioning towards me. Right when she heard my wife, her posture slowly stiffened before looking at me with a huge fake and cunning smile.

"Oh wow. The infamous queen. Nice to meet you" She said, walking up to me and extending her hand.

"Is that how you greet people of higher status?" I question in a cold tone. I usually don't like to use my status as a weapon but she needed to know her place.

"Lydia" Aleksei said in a warning tone.

"Oh no, you are right, don't be mad at her Aleksei.'' She said and curstied.

"I apologize for my offense. I sincerely hope her majesty can accept my apology" She said in a kind tone laced with malicious intentions.

"Astrid, you don't need to do that. It's fine she was just joking" Aleksei interrupted and she smiled before looking back at him.

"Well it seems, I overstayed my welcome. I will head back. It was nice meeting you, your majesty," She said and walked out of the office.

Once I heard the click of the door, I stood up and was just about to walk out before Aleksei spoke.

"That was unnecessary. She is one of the families." He said in anger.

"Oh just like it was necessary for her to try to get with a married man. And just like it was unnecessary for you to defend her over your wife" I retorted back. He scoffed.