27

"Morning Love" I heard the voice coming from ahead as I entered the kitchen

"Morning Love" I heard the voice coming from ahead as I entered the kitchen. I looked and almost blinked in disbelief.

Aleksei was standing in the kitchen making waffles.

"Good Morning?" I questioned while standing in the same spot.

"Why are you standing? Come sit, I have your coffee" He said in a soft voice while looking at me with a smile.

I took a seat and he brought out a mug of coffee before bending down and kissing my forehead. My perplexed face was probably very noticeable because I heard a chuckle escaping his lips as he looked i n my direction.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked in between chuckles.

"Are you well?" I asked with deep concern, which only made him chuckle louder.

"I am very well. I just wanted to make you breakfast. Is it wrong to spoil my queen?" He retorted back with another question.

"Very odd. I have never seen you even boil water" I commented. He hummed in reply and nodded.

"Very well. I haven't cooked in a while but I thought it would be no harm to do so right now." I simply nodded my head and extended my hand to take a sip of the coffee.

It tasted different, almost better than my usual. I took another sip and couldn't decipher what was different.

"What did you add into this extra?" I asked.

"Nutmeg. Do you like it?" He questioned.

"I do. it is very comforting" I replied and took another sip.

I sat in silence as he cooked up what seems to be the last batch of waffles left. Just then it hit me that the kitchen was empty.

In fact, I couldn't see any of the usual indoor guards. There were also no staff in sight.

"Where are the staff?" I asked.

"I gave the palace worker a day off. It was only for today because I have some plans." He replied.

"Hmm" I replied while turning back to face ahead. Just then he cleared out the place and brought a mug as well as a plate of chocolate waffles.

"Chocolate? I thought you don't like chocolate" I asked while he placed some on a plate and put it in front of me.

"I like it. Don't worry your pretty head about it." He said. as he took a seat beside me.

"I'm not hungry" I commented.

"But you need to eat. Breakfast is important love." He said.

"I will eat some later," I said, trying to reason.

"Here, just take a couple of bites and then I won't ask again. I know you haven't been eating recently and your body is getting weaker" He continued and gave me a stern look.