08

The hectic breakfast was one more reason to just leave this forsaken place

Both Alexander and Aleksei have left the office for some work. Because we are still in our honeymoon phase, I have no duties as of now. But it will probably be a couple days before I have to resume and get used to ruling this country alongside Aleksei.

My daydream was interrupted by the sound of my phone ringing. I picked it up and looked at the caller only to see that it was Alayah.

"Hello" I answered while putting the phone on speaker. I bent down to put on my shoes.

"Hey Lyd! Are you doing anything now?" She asked.

"Not really, I was just putting on my shoes to leave the palace. I don't know where I was going to go though" I replied honestly while standing up from my chair and picking up the phone.

'Why don't you stop by my office. Everything is going smoothly for the first time ever so I could use some company" She said. I looked at the phone with a slight expression of surprise.

"Where's that lover of yours? Couldn't make it" I teased and I didn't have to be their to feel her glare.

"Could you speak any louder! Also he's literally at the palace. He obviously can't come with me." She exclaimed. I thought for a second before something came to mind.

"Send me the address I'll be on my way" I replied and hung up the phone without even letting her say goodbye.

I gathered my belongings and placed them in a handbag before heading out of my chamber. I took the elevator towards the main palace floor. Once I reached, I turned towards the first guard I saw and motioned for him.

"How may I help, your majesty?" He asked.

"Where is your head guard?" I asked.

"Stationed outside, Ma'am," He replied.

"Would you please retrieve him for me?" I asked and he immediately nodded and walked outside. A minute later he came back with them as it seemed the 2 of them were whispering something to each other.

"Your majesty, what can I do for you?" He asked while respectfully greeting me.

"You will come with me today, and become my personal bodyguard" I ordered. He looked stunned but still kept a straight face.

"You have someone that can hold your position, correct?" I asked with raised brows.

"Correct, your majesty"

"Splendid! Inform him of it and meet me at the car in three minutes" I said and he nodded before turning around and going in a different direction.

I headed out towards the car with the chauffeur that was already prepared for me.

The chauffeur held the door open as I entered.

"Where to your majesty?" The chauffeur asked after he closed the door and entered the driver's seat.