14

"Do you remember how you got poisoned yesterday?" My father asks while looking towards me

"Do you remember how you got poisoned yesterday?" My father asks while looking towards me. I nod my head mindlessly.

"At first I suspected that it was just someone trying to kill you or maybe just target you but It seems to be more complicated. The attack was personal and it seems the person wants the entire monarch gone" He explained.

I gave him a blank look motioning him to continue.

"They are slowly going to kill each and every one of us. Yours was just a failed attempt" He ended.

"So what does that mean?" I asked coldly.

"Someone is doing it from the inside '' He replied and I halted.

"We just don't know who, so everyone is suspicious" He continued and I turned to give him a narrowed look. Father scoffed at me.

"Don't look at me like that. I don't want you dead"

I turned around and shook my head as the corner of my lips lifted. Just then the limo came to an abrupt stop. I looked out the window and saw we were back at the palace.

"We have arrived, Your Majesty" The chauffeur said before stepping out of the car and opening father's side of the door for us. He got out first and I followed behind as we walked towards the entrance of the palace.

"Look, the family has been on edge recently and everyone is suspecting everyone. I don't know what's to come in the next couple of days. Because of that, just go get some rest for now and we will resume the talk tomorrow morning before breakfast. You have to be awake even earlier" He stated in a firm tone.

I nodded my head and we entered the palace doors.

"Buenas Noches"

(Good Night)

"Buenas Noches Padre" I replied and walked my separate way towards my chamber

(Good Night Father)

---

The sound of my alarm going off awoke me. I looked at the time and saw it was just before 6 am. The sun was barely out but the birds were chirping bright and early.

There is a little bird house my grandfather created in a tree next to my room from sticks. The house was filled with little amounts of dark sunflower oil, some plants that we hand grown and seeds.

There is a specific maid in the palace that has a duty to take care of the bird house upon my grandfather's orders and she has not stopped till this day.

Because of this birds always surround my window and they are the first thing I see when I get out of bed.

I snapped out of my dreamland of staring at my window when my second alarm went off. This indicated that five minutes passed and I needed to hurry up.