04

The Revelation

The Revelation

"How'd it go?" Archer asked as I walked next to him. I could see my so called fiance walking back towards his own car as Archer's eyes were fixated on him like a hawk.

"It went fine" I replied stepping away from him. Seeing his attention completely off me, I continued speaking.

"Lets get into the car. We'll talk about it on the drive home." I said. He nodded his head and walked me over to the other side of the car and helping me up before closing the door and getting into the drivers seat. 

Once he started the engine, he picked up his phone and quickly dialed a number before speaking in a language I didn't understand. He then hung up the phone and backed out of the driveway.

I turned my head to him in confusion before speaking.

"What was that?" I asked

"What was what?"

"That language you were speaking. I didn't know you spoke a different language?" I questioned and he just hummed in reply focusing his eyes on the dark road ahead of us.

"It's Italian. I learned it sort of accidentally. I had a friend who was Italian" He explained briefly. I nodded my head in response.

"Say something in Italian" I requested.

"Non hai idea di quello che il diavolo ha fatto a nostra madre" He said, his voice turning almost dark.

(You have no idea what the devil did to our mom)

"What does that mean?" I ask in surprise.

"it means I hate your future husband" He replied while still looking ahead. 

"Oh" I replied not really knowing what to follow that sentence up with. Just as he was about to the speak his phone that was connected to the car rang and our dad's name popped up.

"Are you going to answer" I ask and he briefly looks away from the road and to the contact name before shaking his head.

"Ignore him" He said and the phone continued ringing. Our dad called three times and on the fourth call Archer moved his hands and picked up the phone.

"What do you want?" He asked getting straight to the point.

"Why are you ignoring my calls" Father practically yelled through the phone. He just ignored the question and repeated the same words.

"What do you want?"

"I need you to come home now. Your mother wants to speak with you" Archer glared at the calls direction before hanging up.

We were in Russia for gods sake. Did he want us to take a flight?

We could just here the text messages after messages popping up on the phone before Archer just blocked our father.