40

2 Weeks Later

2 Weeks Later

I knocked on the door once before stepping away.

After a couple of seconds, the door opened and the royal doctor greeted us.

"Please come in" She said and I nodded my head at her.

"I sincerely apologize for the rushed appointment as I know you have a lot of matters on hand" I say with a smile and she shakes her head.

"No worries at all Your Majesty. I would be happy to help you with anything, anytime. What can I do for you today?" She questions while looking between Aleksei who was quietly standing behind me and back to myself.

"Uhh, I was hoping to run some tests because I think I might be pregnant-" I said hesitantly. Her eyes lit up.

"Oh wow, amazing news! Let's get you all set up to see. Please have a seat on the bed" She said while motioning towards it.

I sat up and Aleksei scooted towards me clearly nervous at the results. He has been very clingy lately and I am not exactly sure why.

"What type of test would you like?" Doctor Taim asked.

"Blood test" I replied. She got up from her chair and entered her office. A couple of minutes later she came out with a needle.

"It will sting for just a second. I will take it from your arm" She said calmly. I nodded my head. Aleksei held onto one of my hands while carefully watching the needle being inserted into my skin.

I closed my eyes holding tight as I waited for the pain to come and go. It was slight but soon went away. I could feel nails digging a little too deep into Aleksei's skin before I heard a groan of pain coming from him.

"Goodness woman" He whispered quietly.

"I love you but not that much" He continued causing me to turn around and grade at him while he looked at my nail marks embedded in his skin.

"Well, now you have my scoring in your skin" I replied with a tiny smirk. He shook his head chuckling before kissing my head.

Doctor Taim came back after a couple of minutes with a huge smile.

"Well, a huge congratulations, Your Majesty's. Queen Lydia is indeed pregnant. You are actually quite far along, just approaching eighteen weeks. I am quite baffled at the fact that you were not able to notice it. You have officially entered your second trimester"

My eyes widened.

"How could that be? I mean there is no bump and everything seemed normal." She smiled.

"Please do not worry yourself. While it is true that you should be seeing emotional and psychological changes, sometimes these changes are different for different women. Hormonal fluctuations during pregnancy can affect emotions differently in each woman. While some women might experience mood swings, anxiety, or depression due to hormonal changes, others may not have as intense emotional shifts.