36

The sound of the palace door opening caused my head to turn towards the direction of the noise

"Who's here?" I ask.

"I am not sure. Do you want me to check?" He questions. I nod my head and he separates himself from my embrace before walking off.

After he takes a few steps, my curiosity gets the better of me and I follow behind him.

"Lek" I call out and he looks back with a look of surprise.

"I thought you said you wanted me to check sweetheart" He chuckled and stopped walking allowing me to catch up with him.

"I changed my mind" I replied and he put his arm around my shoulder as I walked beside him.

"Of course you did. My indecisive wife" He cooed mockingly and I turned to glare at him. We reached the front area only to hear multiple voices, some were children, and others were adults.

"Lyd, Aleksei!" I heard Archer call out to us. We reached the front area and saw my- mother and sister alongside Archer standing there and greeting three other people.

Layla was hugging an elder man whom I had never seen before while my mother was hugging two smaller boys.

Layla was the first to see us as she motioned for us to come forward. I was so confused about who these people were and Archer was casually greeting them.

"Oh Lydia, These are my children, your step-brothers." She said and the boys had wide smiles on them.

"Silly Mama, That's Ly." The younger one said with a laugh as he ran up to me.

"No its not. Ly is over there" The elder one spoke and I just stared at them motionless.

"This is Ly's sister and your sister. Her name is Lydia" She spoke softly to the younger kid.

The boy blinked at us while turning his head back and forth still not fully grasping it.

"So that's LyLy?" He asked again and this time I could hold in my laughter.

"What's your name kid?" I asked.

"I am Matteo. I am five years old!" He screeched happily and I smiled at him.

"That's nice kid" His smile suddenly fell.

"I'm not a kid" He retorted and I just patted his head.

"I know you aren't, but it is cute" I replied but he didn't look too pleased.

"I am not cute!" this time he said louder.

"Okay what are you then" I asked with a raised brow.

"I am hansome!" He said excitedly and I had to hold back my laughter.

"Of course, silly me. How could I forget that you are handsome? I apologize handsome" I played along and he looked so proud it was adorable.

"And what's your name?" I asked looking at the elder boy who looked around eight or nine.