19

2 months

2 months

The past two months have been quiet. I did my research and we eventually figured out what kind of poison it was. But our duties have been increasing and have become more and more as time goes by.

So we slowly pushed that incident to the side since the Royal family were mostly quiet and just trying to get by and lead their countries.

---

"Your family will be coming tonight to visit" Alex spoke as we sat down in the living room. My head snapped towards him in surprise.

"What? why? I haven't seen them in almost three months. Why are they coming?" I asked, looking at him for answers.

"Just for a family dinner. They said they wanted to see you and catch up on all the stuff they missed. Apparently you do not answer their calls" He explained. I scoffed slightly and just looked at the name while tapping my fingers on it repetitively.

I could feel Alekseis's eyes on me. Whether it was a look of wonder or confusion, I didn't care.

"I have my reasons" I stared blankly while looking at my father in law. He nodded his head, not questioning me further.

"Well either way, what do you guys traditionally eat for dinner? I need to know so I can tell the chefs what to make." He said and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know. I mean they won't complain about what you give them. Just make something simple and traditional. I don't really remember what I ate at their place because I never asked nor paid attention" I explained and He looked stunned but accepted my answer.

Both of them looked like they were ready to attack me with a hundred different questions that I didn't want to answer.

"Alright I have some stuff to do so I'll be heading off if you don't need me" I said standing up while I looked between the both of them. Aleksei gave me a pointed look but nodded at me while Alexander just smiled.

"Sure. Just remember Dinner tonight is at 7:30. Please be downstairs by 7:20. Don't worry we will all be there. Also there is a specific outfit for this dinner. I placed it in the far right corner of the closet. Wear that" He said and I nodded my head.

"Of course" I replied with a smile, before walking out of the room.

" I need a breather" I mumbled to myself, taking my phone out of my pocket as I headed towards the front of the palace. I gathered a coat to cover myself from the chilly weather and dialed Layah's number.

"Hello Queen." She replied sarcastically. I rolled my eyes.

"What are you doing right now?" I asked as I slipped my feet inside the shoes.

"Oh nothing, just laying in the middle of a flower shop daydreaming-" She said in a sarcastic tone.

"Of course I'm working I have this darn company to run" She finished her sentence with a loud and annoyed grunt.