25

"Stay on the line

"Stay on the line. I can't have you do something impulsive" He said firmly while requesting a video call. I accepted and nodded my head.

"Now tell me what happened"

"He went with h-her '' I answered, almost sounding pathetic. I could hear a slight sign from him as he got into his vehicle.

"Can you go into detail?" He asked and I started talking.

"When I came back from the hideout she was in his room, he repeatedly defended her saying that she was family, and he even followed after her when she insulted me. He hates me now, he doesn't even look my way. All this time he was acting all protective and now! Now, he said i was nothing but a game to him"

"Yeah this was my fear. " He comments and then pauses for a moment.

"Who is she?"

"The Norwegian princess"

"WHAT" He yelled and i flinched back in shock. His tone startled me.

"Which one?!" He asked again, this time anger visible in his expression.

"The eldest one, Princess Asrid" I replied.

"Okay Lyd, I need you to pack your bags for me okay. Just stay strong for a little bit longer and I will come. I'm almost there. '' He said.

"Okay"

He smiled at me and hung up the phone after we said our quick goodbyes. I walked towards the closet and started packing a bunch of different clothes. In the midst of the fifty different emotions I experienced, I heard a scratch on the entrance to the closet door.

I immediately leaned over from my sitting position and opened it as Milo walked inside. He walked towards me rubbing himself against my body before throwing his weight on top of me.

I cracked a laugh in the midst of my sobs and immediately rubbed my hand against him. I guess he felt my emotions because he immediately began growling lightly while demanding my full attention.

I went back and forth as I packed my bags and also spent time with Milo.

---

Ten minutes after I finished packing my bag I heard my room door opening. Archer walked in and headed towards me giving me a hug.

Feeling his presence and affection almost made me cry in relief. We weren't that close growing up and he knew absolutely nothing about the horrors of my childhood, only the surface.

I know my brother is not a good person, but he is my support and lifeline.

"All set" He asked in a quiet tone while rubbing my back. I nodded silently and he put his arm protected around my shoulder while holding my bag in the other arm.

Milo followed next to me while throwing growls at Archer anytime did something. He looked at Archer as a threat and was still protecting me.

We successfully managed to make it out of the palace, with a few guards watching but only bowed to us looking towards Archer in fear. They did not say a word as he put it in my car and we drove off .