34

The Next Day

The Next Day

"Sweetheart" Lek's voice snapped me out of my daze as I stared at the row of clothes that was currently in front of me.

I turned around to see he was leaning against the closet door with an expression full of questions.

"Yeah." I muttered while turning my head back around to focus on my clothes.

"You have been standing there for almost ten minutes. What's wrong" He asked. I sighed and turned around to sit on the stool that was at the edge of the room.

"My mind is not working right now" I replied.

"Wear anything you like. It is only a celebratory family breakfast. When we head to the hall you have a dress prepared" He said and my head snapped to him.

"What, how do you know?!" I asked.

"Sweetheart, Archer has everything prepared. Also, it is tradition that you must wear a specific dress for your brother's coronation as a royal member. I don't get to pick my outfit either" He explained.

"Am I pregnant?" I suddenly blurted out and his eyes widened. This time is his turn to yell in shock.

"YOU ARE PREGNANT?"

"Shh, No I am not. I was just wondering because my mind and body aren't working today. Not that I am actually pregnant. You going to wake the entire house up!" I whispered and yelled at him.

His expression died down as he looked disappointed.

"You really had to mess around with my head did you not darling" He shook his head while chuckling.

"Hey, I did not mean to. I let my intrusive thoughts speak for me" I reply while standing up from the stool and walking towards him.

He cupped my face and bent down to kiss me while lightly slapping me behind.

"My brat." He said while kissing my face.

"Alright, hurry up and get your outfit. They are about to start breakfast" He said.

"I am not dressing up for some stuck-up money laundering bit-" I felt a sharp spank before I could finish the word.

"Oww." I exclaimed while glaring at him.

"Language." He said firmly.

"Oh, so you can use swear words but I cannot" I was annoyed by his double standards.

"Because I said so" He replied with a pointed look.

"If I wanted to marry my non-existent boss, I would have done so"

I could feel his pointed glare at my snarky comment and couldn't help but laugh in amusement. The amount of pleasure I got in simply annoying him and getting his blood sugar levels up is spectacular.