32

The palace was quiet while the country was outraged

The palace was quiet while the country was outraged. With the silence of the royal family, many people began to rebel as they tried to get rid of the monarch.

That was until the news of The former Queen came out. Suddenly, the focus shifted and they wanted her punished for the murder of their king.

Aleksei and Lydia have opted to stay behind because they realized that they did not have much of a choice. Alexander had also decided to stay just until the trial was over. The count had decided to pick today to see whether or not she will be sentenced.

Dante was put in charge temporarily back in Russia, where he was taking orders from Aleksei for what needed to be done while he was still in Greece.

Until then the clock is still ticking slowly as people wait for the news.

---

Aleksei and Lydia were on their way to court. It was scheduled for eleven am. The trial was to occur on royal grounds for privacy and safety purposes.

"Are you okay?"

Lydia turned around to face her husband and gave him a slight nod while smiling. He raised his brows in question at her behavior.

"You seemed more than nervous earlier" He commented while looking at her.

"I was. I just did not know what to expect. I mean, she is a psychopath. Who knows who she is going to try and kill next if they don't lock her up for treason" She replied.

"She committed treason, sweetheart. There is no way that she wouldn't be locked up after everything. I would honestly be surprised if they did not kill her. Within your history, it was not uncommon for death as punishment"

"How do you know that" She asked while looking back at him with a slight trace of surprise.

"We are taught this from a young age. I am pretty sure that is all I know besides how to run a country. Don't ask me anything about math, but I can tell you all the historical facts known to mankind" He replied with a slight chuckle causing her to laugh.

"What is eight times twelve?" She asked him. His eyes narrowed on hers while playfully glaring at him.

"What did I just say"

"You said you were a genius in math" She replied entertaining herself with his torture. He slightly lifted his hand and pinched her thighs.

"Minx, you always trying to mess with me huh?" He asked her and she simply looked back at him innocently.

"You still didn't answer the question" She reminded and he shook his head and was about to take out his phone to use the calculator.

"Absolutely not." She said while grabbing the phone from his hand and running across from the back of the limousine to the front. He stood up almost immediately and began chasing her while spewing out many threats- or rather promises.