09

"That will only cause an uproar

"That will only cause an uproar. Your majesty, I must disagree-'' I watched as the attendees went back and forth on trying to settle the recent matter with Russia and Greece.

The meeting was interrupted by the sound of the door opening abruptly. Dante stood at the doorway with two maids right behind him.

"I apologize for the inconvenience but we need you upstairs right away" Just as I said that I heard an ear piercing scream and stood up quickly.

"Meeting adjourned. We will continue this tomorrow, same time" I ordered and didn't wait for any replies before I followed them.

"What's the matter, and who's screaming?" I ask Dante as we rush up.

"The queen was in her chamber and she has been screaming for the past minute. We couldn't get inside as the door was locked and no one had the keys. It seems as if though she is asleep? or something of that sort?" Dante explained as we continued up the stairs.

I could hear the screams get more disturbing before some words got added to it.

I quickly took out my key to the chamber and unlocked the door.

The scene I witnessed was quite disheartening.

She was thrashing around the bed, almost fighting herself from a grip that never existed.

"No- STO- help me- Sorry-" Those were the few words or phrases she just kept repeating like a broken record.

Seeing the situation I immediately looked back at the people waiting at the door.

"Leave!" I ordered coldly. Dante nodded at me as the maids left while he slowly closed the door leaving us alone as well.

I walk up to her and take off the blanket. Holding her arm I hold her down temporarily while calling her name.

"Lydia, wake up" I called out again. Still Nothing.

"Lydia!" I say louder and it startlers her as she abruptly opens her eyes and looks around.

Without even looking at my face, she clings onto my body while still shaking and murmuring stuff under her breath.

It seems as though she is not fully conscious.

ISeeing her state I push her body towards the center of the bed and sit down on the side. She's awake and her eyes are fully open but she isn't exactly in the world.

I move my arm and he body suddenly jerks up.

"Hey, calm down" I say, not exactly knowing how I'm supposed to handle this situation. I'm not used to dealing with other people's trauma.

My thumbs continue to trace the top of her arm as I let her calm down. After a couple minutes, the muttering stops and this time she just stares blankly into space.

Realizing that this will never stop unless she gets back to her normal headspace, move my body closer to her and attempt to lay her down.

She's as obedient as I've ever seen her.